Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 stuck in bootloop

• Replies:1
killer13666
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 10, 2016, 4:01:36 AM via Website

So I was an idiot and I used EZ-Unlock v1.2 on my rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 running stock android 4.4.2. After going through the unlock process, I restarted my phone. It wouldn't even attempt to turn on. So after a little bit of research, I found this guide (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2581166). I followed the guide for adding the debrick image to an sd card and getting the phone to boot from the sd card. At this point, the phone booted perfectly from the sd card. After that, I tried following the steps for putting the debrick image onto the internal storage (so I could use my sd card normally again and i could boot without the sd card). Everything seemed to go well, but when I restarted my phone, it got stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy S3" splash screen and won't progress. And since it can load the bootloader from internal storage, it won't even try to boot from the previously working sd card. I am able to boot into Odin mode though. So how would I go about fixing this, if possible?

P.S. I did have Safestrap installed on my phone if that makes a difference with anything.
P.P.S I found out that EZ-Unlock isn't compatible with my version of android after I did the unlock process.

— modified on Jul 10, 2016, 4:03:48 AM

John B.
  • Forum posts: 17

Jul 10, 2016, 10:09:16 PM via Website

You are going to have a hard time finding out how to get the phone to work again. I would go ahead and purchase a new Nexus so you can put all kinds of mods on your phone with lots of development help.