Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — strange number on lock screen

• Replies:9
rich
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 2, 2016, 1:00:01 AM via Website

wonder if someone can shed some light for me. bought my note 4 second hand and all seems to work ok but over the past few days have started to get these odd numbers and letters on the top left of lock screen.
won't allow me to upload pic but what appears is BM0MME01

many thanks rich

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Aug 2, 2016, 9:11:07 AM via Website

Hello rich, welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

That sounds really strange, a screenshot could help a lot. You should be able to upload a picture now as I removed the anti-spam-function for your account.

David R
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 2, 2016, 11:57:20 AM via Website

Are you in the UK on 3 by any chance? My S5 has started displaying this as the network ID in the last few days. Network scan is fine for the other networks... go figure.

— modified on Aug 2, 2016, 11:57:38 AM

rich

Aug 2, 2016, 3:37:40 PM via Website

thanks for replies have attached screenshot and yes david on 3 in uk also

still unable to attach screenshot comes up with ...... To prevent spam in our forums, new users may not post links to external sites

Yi Yu

Aug 3, 2016, 2:24:36 PM via Website

hi, I've got the same issue with a different handset to yours running clean stock Android 5.2.2.

I'm on Three but network ID is BM0MME01. mobile network search can find and register with '3 UK' on both 3G and 4G with my phone, but BM0MME01 is displayed. interestingly, my wife's Samsung S4 running cyanogenmod 12.1 (Android 4.4.4) shows '3 UK' as usual.

c.r.

Aug 4, 2016, 11:55:34 PM via Website

I have the same problem. I arrived in the UK yesterday and the phone does not display 3 UK but BM0MME01. what is that?any ideas? i phoned customer service in Italy and they said I was connected to 3 UK, they reported the problem and said I should ring tomorrow.

Harvey Cambridge

Aug 11, 2016, 1:57:33 PM via Website

Right guys, I had this problem for the past week and cannot find it or a solution ANYWHERE on the internet.... very peculiar. However with a bit of tinkering I resolved my issue, if only temporarily.

First, you need to know your APN settings. You should be able to find these settings under
Settings > Mobile Networks > Access point names

From here, there should be an option to add a new APN (It may be a little "+" or may come up after clicking on "more options", something like that)

To find out the APN settings that you need, you'll need to go to google, and search "[network provider] APN settings"
For me, I typed in "iD mobile APN settings" and the first result sufficed.

After you have entered the details, you need to save these settings.

Press back on your device (previous menu) to get back to the Mobile network settings page. You can alternatively go to your home screen and do this: "Settings > Mobile Networks" as before.

Then, select Network operator and press OK if a box comes up. You'll need to let your phone search for a new network operator, and then select your network operator.

Voila!

If this hasn't fixed your problem, I will be keeping an eye on this thread even though I don't use this site, so just post back here any of your questions :)

Good luck!

Harvey Cambridge

Aug 11, 2016, 5:28:29 PM via Website

UPDATE: Internet cut out again, after it was looking so promising :(

Interesting this is, instead of saying "Sign in to network: BM0MME01", the number is now HH0MME01...

Calling my carrier to see what they can do now.

Elliott Magee

Elliott Magee

Aug 15, 2016, 12:54:08 PM via Website

My network changed to HH0MME01 on Friday, I'm also 3 UK. Any one get any response from the carrier?

Giulia Contu

Aug 16, 2016, 1:16:34 AM via Website

Hi, I have the same problem since I landed in UK yesterday! My phone always displays HH0MME01 and even if I look for 3 UK, it doesn't find it at all...! It seems to be connected to three though...
Hopefully not a virus :-)