[Game][Free][2.3+] Magium- A text based fantasy themed Choose your own adventure game

• Replies:2
Nemeean Lion
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 6, 2016, 2:14:58 AM via Website

Hello!

I've recently completed the first book of my text adventure game after a year of work, and I would be very grateful if you could give it a try and give me some feedback. In this game you play as an ordinary guy trying to win a mage tournament against the most powerful mages in the world, in the hopes of winning the grand prize, and using it to fulfill your lifelong dream of becoming a mage yourself.

As you progress, you will also get to know the inhabitants of the continent that the tournament takes place on, and you will learn that a person called the Creator established several utopias in this realm a few hundred years ago, where animals and humans could live in harmony, and where food was created through magic. What you will get to experience throughout the game, however, is the downfall of these utopias, and you can even choose to save them from destruction if you so desire.

Besides the traditional choice making, you also have stats you can level up, and there are different checks in the game to see if you have the necessary level to take a certain action. For example, if your ancient languages level is high enough, you can understand when the animals or monsters speak.

Since I can't post links yet, here is the id to the google play store link: com.magiumgames.magium

I hope you'll all enjoy playing this game as much as I enjoyed making it!

Cheers!

Chris Reynosa

Oct 11, 2016, 12:22:56 AM via Website

I loved this game. It was like a blast from the past of Infocom classics like Wishbringer and Zork but full of RPG mechanics from many other games. It was definitely built on the CYOA model, but updated with elements from those other game engines. The writing and overall plot was rich and had me playing at a feverish pace to the very end. I don't think I got the optimal ending and am going back and working on the 'achievements' chapter by chapter.

I haven't been motivated to actually map out a game in a while, but will probably flowchart the choices and upgrade paths that will result in my party not losing anyone at the end since one of the achievements is no one in the party being killed. I don't see much in the way of FAQs/guides for this game anywhere. More people need to experience it for sure.

It's a pretty cool time for interactive gaming on mobile. The Forgotten Nightmare, Tiny Text Adventure, The 8th Continent and now Magium have provided me with a lot of enjoyment in the past year.

Keep up the great work.

JR

miguel Tamez

Apr 24, 2017, 4:07:52 PM via Website

hi love the book and the ending
was up all night trying to save rose and finely did it
sad it was over and now i am trying to get the second book