Huawei Ascend G525 — Question about notifications

• Replies:2
Regitze Lynge Schou-Jensen
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 9, 2016, 12:52:25 PM via Website

Hi,

This is my first thread :) I hope you can help me.

I have recently switched from Iphone to Android as I bought a Huawei P9 Lite. I am thrilled about how it works and how highly customizable Android is.

HOWEVER :) I find one thing annoying and I think it is just me who does not know how to fix the problem.
Here goes: On my Iphone I always got notifications about e.i. Wordfeud and other non native applications. But I cannot get this to work on my Android phone. I only receive notifications from native applications or Gmail etc. I have turned on all notifications on the applications.
I hope you can help me as I am really liking the android experience so far :)

Thanks

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Sep 9, 2016, 2:00:41 PM via Website

Hello Regitze,

welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

So are you saying that you are only getting notifications from preinstalled apps? That should definitely not be the case, any app can display notifications.

You can check what an app is allowed to do in the applications manager, found in Settings --> Apps. If you click on an app in that list, you see Permissions, check if there is anything not activated.

Regitze Lynge Schou-Jensen
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 10, 2016, 10:17:04 PM via Website

Hi Bastian

Thank you 😊
When i check applications and permissions everything is on regarding permissions. Do you know what else could be the problem?
And yes, i have trouble with most applications that are not preinstalled.