Doogee x5 max problems.

• Replies:26
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 23, 2017 4:30:46 PM via Website

OK, since a couple of days ago, MalwareBytes detects an adware in the System Update app. As I presumed, that app was a malware. I also presume that the app called "Call administrator" contains a malware too, so block it with the firewall too, guys.

— modified on Feb 23, 2017 4:31:46 PM

• Forum posts: 1

Apr 7, 2017 3:16:42 PM via Website

This worked a treat - finally teh ads have been stopped! Thank you, Thank you :)

Jun 10, 2017 8:25:39 PM via Website

Doogee X5 MAX Pro contains a factory installed Trojan, embedded in systemui.apk, which cannot be removed, even if the phone is rooted, as systemui is an essential part of the os.
(Android/Trojan.Dropper.Agent.ACU)
Besides that it contains several adwares (As you all noticed) a.o. in Fota (Update program).

I have just returned 3 !! of these back to the importer. all filled with this crap.
Only thing i can say: Never ever ever buy a Doogee brand phone, as the trojan/adwares come with
factory installed phones !

If you do not care about advertising popups and if your data, msgs etc etc are sent to a Chinese server, you may ignore my warning.

Jun 24, 2017 12:21:46 PM via Website

It is not only an X5 problem, I have a Doogee T5, and it is the same. I have a Android/G2M.IY.D90ACBC731A8 malware in the WirelessUpdate (v.4.3.4.) system app ( com.fota.wirelessupdate) . It is not only an annoying adware but a harmful malware, what is trying to send SMS to premium numbers, steal your contacts, pictures, track your location, access your text messages, log your keystrokes and passwords, steal your personal banking informations.
And it is PREINSTALLED to Doogee!!! I Never Ever would buy a chinese crap again!

And! in T5 disable app Does NOT work! fck

— modified on Jun 24, 2017 12:23:38 PM

Jul 13, 2017 12:21:08 AM via Website

thes any one have a selution to fix the over heat fingerprint senser ???

Jul 17, 2017 8:46:43 PM via Website

hi i have been using doogee xmax for more than 1 year and i can tell you that you cannot get rid from pre-installed trojan/malwares and all dysfunctions without a real root with twrp , i'm sorry the site i followed the step to root the phone from is closed but i think that there are others , anyway you should be very careful and follow every step and charge your phone before doing it because if the root fail in the middle or you do a mistake then it's gone forever
after the root install ES manager and uninstall every suspicious application especially those written in chinese and com.snap of course
for camera and fingerprint , i never had a problem after root , now it's maybe too late to say that but for my case i didn't make a fingerprint before root (i didn't want my identity and personal informations to circle in some dishonest chinese servers) after root if you want fingerprint to work you doesn't need to make the 360 degree rotation just put your finger normally many times

Aug 30, 2017 2:52:17 PM via Website

I had this. Perform a facory reset. Disconnect from the internet and reboot in safe mode. Methods are pressing both volume up/down together or the power button and press OK for several seconds. Once in ensure setting install from third party apps is disabled. Search for all apps on phone and disable app com.android.snap. install malwarebytes and allow to scan. Whitelist files it finds as threats. Should then be clean