Samsung Galaxy S5 — bluetooth doesn't work with phone calls

• Replies:8
Mikhail B
  • Forum posts: 4

Sep 14, 2016, 11:51:14 PM via Website

Hello everyone!

I just got a S5 two days ago and tried to pair it to my cars Bluetooth. Pandora and google maps work perfectly. However, when someone calls, it goes straight to the phone and clicking the "pick up phone" button on my car(2012 Toyota) doesn't do anything. I have to pick up with the phone and can only talk through the phone and not the car mic/speaker. I had a LG Leon before this and it worked fine.

Is there something I'm missing about how to set up the S5 properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mike

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Sep 15, 2016, 10:21:08 AM via Website

Hello Mikhail, welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

There are different profiles available for Bluetooth connections in the car, media and phone. Go to your Bluetooth settings when connected to the car and click on the connection to your car. You should see some settings and the different profiles, make sure "phone" is checked.

Mikhail B

Sep 15, 2016, 2:28:30 PM via Website

Hey there!

I went to the bluetooth settings and the only thing it says there is : car multi-media. It's already checked. When I turned it off, the car/phone unpaired and I re-paired them. There was no option for phone :/

Bastian Siewers

Sep 15, 2016, 3:28:01 PM via Website

Hm that is really wierd. When you connected your device for the first time, did it ask for access to contacts or something similar?

Mikhail B

Sep 15, 2016, 3:31:43 PM via Website

Nope. However, I got the manual out and will try setting up the hands-free phone system. I just never had to do it for the LG Leon, Iphone 4s, or the 6+. Hoping that'll work.

Will keep you posted. And thanks for helping me out with this issue already! I greatly appreciate it.

Mikhail B

Sep 15, 2016, 11:25:33 PM via Website

Soooo... I was connecting to the wrong blue tooth option in the car.

I connected to blue tooth media (only has phone -> car option).

If I waited for the car to tell me the other option(bluetooth PHONE), I wouldn't have had this problem. Works perfectly now.

Thanks again for the help! Apparently patience is a virtue haha

Herman K Williams
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 16, 2016, 11:56:14 AM via Website

Hi there, mine is working fine with my car.

Bastian Siewers

Sep 16, 2016, 12:58:10 PM via Website

Mikhail B

Soooo... I was connecting to the wrong blue tooth option in the car.

I connected to blue tooth media (only has phone -> car option).

If I waited for the car to tell me the other option(bluetooth PHONE), I wouldn't have had this problem. Works perfectly now.

Thanks again for the help! Apparently patience is a virtue haha

Hey Mikhail, glad to hear it works! Kind of thought it was an issue with profiles, and well at least I was not completely incorrect :D