Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge — Help! Google play services "installed but invalid"

• Replies:0
Hayley Parkinson
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 27, 2016, 2:05:10 AM via Website

Okay, this is a weird one. I recently purchased a new phone (a galaxy s6 edge) while in China. I bought it from what I believe to be a legitimate source, I got the phone new in box, but instead of coming preloaded with google play services it came loaded with other, China friendly apps. (Due to censorship, nothing google will function in China.) This is the state that the phone resets to when I preform a factory reset. It still runs android and the setting screens are all in English, but it still defaults to Chinese apps when I reset, even now that I have an American SIM card in it. I managed to download a third party app (aptoid) that will allow me to download google play services as well as other items such as the google play store or google maps, but nothing google will run. (Other apps such as Pinterest downloaded from the third party store function normally, but I get an error message whenever I try to run anything google based, including Pokemon go or Snapchat that should be fairly indpendent.) I downloaded an app that gives me info about goggle play services it says that goggle play services is installed but invalid. Any ideas at how to fix this? I am willing to pay for a licence or whatever if nessaary, but I have no idea how to go about that. I feel like the hardware is the same, but it is running a China friendly layer of software that is blocking Google.