Android not installing?

• Replies:4
Scott Gibson
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 30, 2016, 9:29:40 AM via Website

I downloaded an app from the google play store, which was meant to allow non SD card apps to be moved to the SD. however, after it told me to reboot my device, I noticed that all my apps were crashing. I looked into the files and noticed that all of the files on internal memory and SD card were deleted.

I then set my phone to factory settings, but couldn't get out the setup menu because the settings were continuing to crash. After, I installed a fresh lollipop OS onto the phone, to which, again, the settings and the google play store wouldn't stop crashing and couldn't set up the phone.

Any help would be Very Much appreciated, thanks.

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Sep 30, 2016, 12:11:01 PM via Website

Reboot the phone: In times like this, first thing to do is to reboot your device. Or just shut down, remove and reinsert your battery. Make sure to uninstall any apps you don’t use to free up space, also uninstall previous versions of the same app currently installed on your device. Double check the apk files you download and be sure they were completely copied or downloaded.

Scott Gibson

Sep 30, 2016, 1:10:29 PM via Website

I can't do any of that. When I installed the new lollipop, I cant get past the setup, because settings keeps crashing, along with google play and youtube. :/

Scott Gibson

Sep 30, 2016, 3:29:57 PM via Website

A factory reset after reinstalling lollipop OS to a newer version did the job :D

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 3, 2016, 2:58:05 PM via Website

Go to your settings,
Then select “manage applications” ,
Scroll down to,
“Checkin Service” then select “clear data” “Download Manager” then select “clear data” “Google Apps” then “clear data” “Google Talk Service” then select “clear data” “Market” then select “clear cache” and “remove updates”
Switch off your phone and switch it back on
Login Market and download again.