How to transfer everything to your new phone

• Replies:27
Topapps4u
  • Forum posts: 124

Nov 5, 2016, 8:12:51 AM via Website

1. Transfer your contact: by Syncronizing your google account

Simply go Settings > Account > Google and flip the Contacts Sync switch to on.

1. By SD Card

You new and old phone have sd card slot so you can transfer your contact from your old phone to new phone by using this card.

Sorin

tisse mish
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 28, 2016, 8:47:31 PM via Website

Good information

Topapps4u

chayusiro
  • Forum posts: 69

Nov 29, 2016, 8:50:29 AM via Website

Thank you. To transfer everything from old phone to the new phone, we can also use Google account for contacts or text messages, and use Phone to Phone Transfer tool for music, photos, videos, etc.

— modified on Nov 30, 2016, 2:50:37 AM

SorinShan David

jon renia

Nov 29, 2016, 7:40:36 PM via Website

Thanks for the tips

Topapps4u

rshor mes

Nov 29, 2016, 7:43:10 PM via Website

Good share

Topapps4u

elinoll
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 5, 2016, 6:44:04 PM via Website

can we transfer apps into a new phone? When I had to go away for work where Internet connecting is not available, I often download all for pc and then use. It is more conveniently. For especially, I also could transfer apps by apk file for pc. Do you have any other suggestion for me?

Serena Carter
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 7, 2016, 5:03:24 AM via Website

Thanks for the post! It's of great help.

Topapps4u

Bobby Inc
  • Forum posts: 30

Dec 13, 2016, 10:13:20 AM via Website

Thanks bro! But I think using phone manager apps is more easier. :D

Topapps4u

sdyu
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 21, 2017, 11:01:53 AM via Website

As far as i know, there're many android data transfer apps could transfer data between android device.

Shan David
  • Forum posts: 9

Feb 21, 2017, 11:59:32 AM via Website

Make sure "Backup my data" is enabled. As for app syncing, go to Settings > Data usage, tap on the three-dot menu symbol at the top right of the screen, and make sure "Auto-sync data" is turned on. Once you have a backup, select it on your new phone and you'll be offered a list of all the apps on your old phone.

How to get everything off your old Android phone and onto your new one
Source: greenbot.com/article/2989988/android/how-to-get-everything-off-your-old-android-phone-and-onto-your-new-one.html

Topapps4u

RickMorty
  • Forum posts: 8

Feb 23, 2017, 3:57:39 AM via Website

It will be troublesome if there is no google account, or not sync them all.
A transfer application will be better to tackle all the situations. This app can work on Android and iOS devices. Try it in the Google Play or App Store.

Topapps4u

graceyin2017
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 23, 2017, 9:13:39 AM via Website

Hey, friend. You can use a third party tool like Jihosoft Phone Transfer - One Click Phone to Pone Transfer. I have used it before. It can transfer data just in a few simple clicks.

Hope it will be helpful for you, too.

Barbara Windsor
  • Forum posts: 68

Apr 26, 2018, 10:36:47 AM via Website

Thanks for the tips~

Sorin
  • Forum posts: 104

Apr 26, 2018, 2:56:27 PM via Website

I use few applications and that's why I can re-install them easily and quickly. Phone contacts are synchronized in the cloud, as well as photos. For other documents I also use cloud storage and this helps me a lot.
Just for application settings make selective backups, because some applications require a little more attention to optimal values. As an alternative to transferring files, from phone to phone, or from phone to PC, I use a microSD card.

Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

May 14, 2018, 4:35:18 AM via Website

Yes,it base on your phone.
Android phone to Android phone:
Step 1. Build a connection between your old phone and computer
Step 2. Backup Android files to computer
Step 3. Restore the backed up files to new phone
And you also could use some Transfer for Mobile Tool,just connect the new & old phone on the computer at the same time,then sync the data to new phone with 1-click
Android phone to iphone:Some third-party program called Mobile Transfer .
It is specially designed to transfer files among different mobile operating systems, including iOS, Android and Symbian.

— modified on May 31, 2018, 11:10:09 AM

Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

May 16, 2018, 8:06:32 AM via Website

Let's assume the new phone is Samsung.
Smart Switch is also a good choice to sync the files between two phones. This is an official software from Samsung which is designed to help people migrate data to Samsung devices.
Transferring Android data to Samsung would be easier and there are two programs that you can use to sync files from old Android phone to Samsung .
Transfer for Mobile (Win & Mac) is a powerful software to transfer files between two Android devices. With it, the whole transferring process can be completed in 3 steps and no any data will be deleted or lost during the process.
You can also use a professional Android assistant software-Assistant for Android (Win & Mac) to perform the moving process. By using this tool to sync files between two Android phones, you need to backup the files on the old phone first and then restore the backed up data to the new Samsung S9. It sounds that you need to do one more thing before moving the files but it will prevent the data from losing.
Depend on what your choice.

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

May 16, 2018, 1:07:38 PM via Website

Useful info..thanks for sharing the post..

Olivia331
  • Forum posts: 90

Dec 26, 2018, 10:17:44 AM via Website

It's not difficult by using data transfer progeam.
Phone to phone Transfer tool can help you transfer your contacts ,call logs,photos,messages,music,video,app and doc from one to another phone.You just need to connect your two phones to the computer, and select the wanted contacts to transfer.
This way is effective and safe, the software will not carry any risks to damage your phones.

AdrianG001

Dec 27, 2018, 6:26:19 PM via Website

et going with these easy steps:

Connect your old phone and new phone to your Wi-Fi network. Then open up the AT&T Mobile Transfer app.

On your old phone: "From this phone" will pop up on the screen. Select it and follow the steps until you see a barcode code. You'll need it to make the transfer.

On your new phone: when "To this phone" shows up on your screen, select it and follow the steps until you see a barcode reader.

Scan the code on your old phone with the code reader on your new phone. This links both devices. Now follow the steps to transfer your info and you're done!

Regards,
Adrian Gates
Developer - O365CloudExperts

niketathakare

Dec 28, 2018, 11:18:35 AM via Website

Moving to a new phone can be a pain. Android might have the edge over iOS when it comes to tight integration with cloud services, but Google still has a ways to go when it comes to effortlessly transferring all your data off your old phone and onto the new one.
Before you can do anything, you’ll need to make sure your old phone is signed in to your Google account. It almost certainly is, but head over to the Google tab in Settings to make sure.

Then, you’ll need to find your phone’s backup settings. On Pixel and Nexus devices there’s a Backup & reset option under the Personal tab in Settings, but the location varies on other phones. The easiest way to find it is to type “backup” into the settings search bar.

android backup settings IDG
On Pixel and Nexus phones, you can back up mostly everything to your Google Drive.
Once you’re there, you’ll see a couple options. On Pixel and Nexus phones, there’s a Back up to Google Drive switch that will enable several types of content to be backed up, including installed apps and accompanying data, call history, device settings, calendar entries, contacts, photos and videos, and, exclusive to Pixel phones, SMS messages. It’ll be backed up automatically overnight, so once you switch it on, you won’t have to give it another thought.

On other phones, you’ll see a Back up my data toggle. Turning it blue will ensure that your application data, Wi-Fi passwords, and various phone settings are sent to Google servers and at the ready when you sign in to a new phone. This way you won’t have to re-enter passwords to networks you’ve already saved. Yes, that means Google probably has all the world’s Wi-Fi passwords. But that’s a story for another day.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jan 9, 2019, 12:20:57 AM via Website

I think I might have a easier way!
I recently purchased a new unlocked galaxy s7.
When I had it activated the guy at the mobile carrier store linked my old phone with my new one through thier computer and transferred everything!
Contacts, settings, accounts,
EVERYTHING!
When I got home with the new phone I didn't have to do anything, except start using it!
Only took a couple of minutes!

And it was free!

— modified on Jan 9, 2019, 11:20:04 PM

Tiger Green
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 13, 2019, 3:52:39 AM via Website

Do you have idea to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung S10?

Cora
  • Forum posts: 46

Apr 4, 2019, 8:48:49 AM via Website

You can enjoy an one click transfer from Android to Android by using Phone Transfer software, which is a professional tool designed to directly and freely transfer files between two Android phones. With this tool, you can easily transfer any files from one Android phone to another Android phone without any difficulty. More importantly, this software is fully compatible with different OS-driven devices like Android and iOS. So, you are totally free to sync files between any two devices, no matter they are running the same or different systems.

Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Jul 8, 2019, 3:52:13 AM via Website

There are two ways to sync everything from the old to new phone via Gmail. One is to sync the data from a Google backup. And another way is to send the data as a vcf file to Gmail/Email.

hassanwlc
  • Forum posts: 18

Feb 5, 2020, 11:24:45 AM via Website

In these days with rapid improvements and changing in mobile technology, not only we are changing new mobile phones every week but there are also lots of very amazing mobile apps releasing quite often.
People in every field of life now use a mobile phone to perform different activities. Some use it just to communicate, some use it to play games and some use to make their music. Different people may have different tasks to perform using their mobile phones but they all don’t want to lose their data.

Almost all the mobile phone users at some point in their life need to switch to a new mobile phone with latest features and technology but they can’t afford to lose their old data and transferring mobile data from old phone to another can be tricky and time consuming and when you don’t have the right app to transfer your data, you may end up losing your important data. That’s why you should always use a trusted app to transfer your mobile data to your new phone.

The best way to choose 2-3 top rated apps from some reputed developers and then checkout their reviews. By doing this you are very likely to end up choosing a right app which enable you to transfer your data without any problem.

Here I would like to mention an app “MobileTrans” which is an excellent app by Wondershare which let you transfer your mobile data from one mobile to another with just a click.

haleema
  • Forum posts: 22

Feb 7, 2020, 8:09:08 AM via Website

There are many ways to transfer data but if you want to transfer files and documents then you will have to sync on the option in your Gmail account when you will open Gmail in new cell phone all data automatically will be there

Albert65565
  • Forum posts: 23

Mar 10, 2020, 3:41:28 PM via Website

Good share

JaneRRoberts
  • Forum posts: 18

Mar 11, 2020, 1:56:17 PM via Website

Thanks for sharing this with us.