Samsung Galaxy S3 — Help with lock screen and vlc player please!

• Replies:11
  • Answered
Berz Erger
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 9, 2016, 8:57:30 PM via Website

Hello, i am mainly using my mobile phone for watching videos on VLC media player. How can i lock the screen and still watch my video?

I would REALLY appreciate help! I've searched the internet for a solution but couldnt find anyone with this problem.

Please help me guys

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Nov 10, 2016, 10:24:48 AM via Website

Hello Berz,

welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

I am a little confused, locking the screen means basically that the screen is turned off. Therefor you can not watch any videos when the screen is locked as it is simply turned off.

What exactly are you trying to do?

— modified on Nov 10, 2016, 10:25:02 AM

Deactivated Account

Berz Erger

Nov 10, 2016, 6:52:16 PM via Website

Sorry for my unclear statement.

I want to lock the phone (which turns the screen off) and still want to enjoy watching a video in VLCplayer.
I want that nothing happens to the video if i touch the screen by mistake.
I am not a native english speaker so I hope I made everything clear to understand.
With my old telephone (samsung wave 2) that was no problem. When i locked it, my video would continue, but the S3 goes black and silent and i cannont continue watching my video.

Did u understand the problem now? Thanks!

Berz Erger

Nov 16, 2016, 5:31:29 PM via Website

Hello is there anybody who can help me?

I want to watch Videos via VLC player on my S3. But everytime i touch the screen something happens. How can i lock the touchscreen without closing the video?

Berz Erger

Nov 18, 2016, 9:31:23 PM via Website

This is my last try with androidpit.

How to run a video on an S3 withouth the touchscreen or the buttons beeing active?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Nov 19, 2016, 4:49:11 AM via Website

Android security has been tightened, watching videos without unlocking screen means vulnerability. You cannot watch any videos or hear music without unlocking your phone.,

— modified on Nov 19, 2016, 4:49:39 AM

Ready To Help You.

Berz Erger

Nov 19, 2016, 9:57:03 PM via Website

Ok so i have to buy an old mobile phone to watch videos?

How can i watch movies on my phone then? How can i give the phone to a child in order to watch a video? It will definately touch the screen and stop the video.

Where is my phone in danger if i start the video, lock the screen and the video continues playing???? I dont understand this at all.
It really seems like technology is getting worse for us. What the hell??? Thanks a lot for the information mister Sanjai. I am shocked!!! Is it only like this with android? If so I will never buy an android phone again - UNBELIEVEABLE.

Berz Erger

Nov 19, 2016, 10:31:10 PM via Website

Is there maybe any player that can lock the screen?

Deactivated Account

Nov 20, 2016, 4:14:20 AM via Website

Download mX player,, which can lock a video without any interruption.

Ready To Help You.

Berz Erger

Nov 20, 2016, 3:01:45 PM via Website

Thank you Mister Sanjai, i already did that and tried all the possible settings but whenever the a video runs and i press the lock-screen-button, the screen goes black and the video stops. Could u maybe tell me exactly the neccessary settings?

Deactivated Account

Nov 20, 2016, 3:54:38 PM via Website

There is an inbuilt lock button inside the apk, tap that
See the lock button at the bottom left , that's it

— modified on Nov 20, 2016, 3:57:23 PM

Ready To Help You.

Berz Erger

Nov 20, 2016, 5:11:03 PM via Website

It works!!! Thank you man!

Deactivated Account