Samsung Galaxy S6 — Galaxy s6 Bricked, Unresponsive, Irreplaceable Photos. PLEASE HELP!

• Replies:0
Craig Denny
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 14, 2016, 2:05:44 AM via Website

Let me start by saying I'm sorry that this is long, but I'm trying to be as detailed as possible. I'm in a bit of a panic, as I've tried everything I have found so far online, aside from downloading some sort of 3rd party software or a taking it to a shop.

I have a perfect condition (never damaged in any way) completely unresponsive, black screen Samsung Galaxy s6 (model SM-G920VZKAVZW). No LED, no vibration, nothing. It was at full charge upon death. It's been this way for 24 hours.

I brought it to my local Verizon store today, only to have them try a few steps I already have, such as charging it and holding combinations of buttons. I was told the only thing I can do is replace the phone. The phone is the least of my concerns. It contains over 2 years worth of photos and videos of my 2 young children. Things like their first steps.

I would do just about anything to retrieve this data. Anything that could help would be greatly appreciated. I'm absolutely desperate and terrified of losing these memories. thank you!

Here's what happened:
- Last night while using my phone, it completely froze (In hindsight, I'm assuming because the latest android update was initiated).
- After waiting 5 minutes with no response, I pressed the power button and shut it off. (big mistake)
- Upon turning it back on, it remained frozen on the "Samsung Galaxy s6" opening screen forever. Unresponsive to the PWR button. Nothing.
- After waiting about 15 minutes and some online research I realized it was stuck in "boot loop" of sorts and I just needed to hold the volume DWN and PWR button to force a restart. So this is what I did. It worked. the phone shut off.
FOREVER

As I said before, now my phone is basically "bricked". Black screen. No signs of life.
It's been on a working charger (the original it came with) for 10 hours.

Again, thanks for taking the time to read this, and thank you greatly for any help or suggestions you have. My TOP priority is just getting these pictures of my kids, nothing else matters, but if I could also salvage my otherwise PERFECT condition phone, that would be nice, too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.