Galaxy S7 Edge. Tried Rooting (Specific details inside) Softbricked; Stuck on Boot. Is there hope?

• Replies:1
Dylan Crowell
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 15, 2016, 7:41:01 AM via Website

One night I tried doing the rooting process for the first time on my android phone. (like an unintelligent person, I did no research and went off the first video I saw, thinking it was 'easy enough' and 'what could go wrong?') Anyway.. Something stopped during the process and my phone restarted without the SUPERU app that was supposed to be on after. I tried again, but it didn't work, so I tried an 'unroot' process. It went into 'emergency mode' stating that it needed Smart switch. Tried it. Unsupported. Kies3, Unsupported. Someone told me if I tried downloading the original root software it would get the phone on again and I could go from there. It did something, but not completely. Once I downloaded the .tar file through ODIN, it restarted and stopped at the boot logo. That's where I'm at and I'm hoping someone might know how to resolve this? I appreciate any and all help. Thanks for reading!

SamiJulie
  • Forum posts: 21

Dec 5, 2016, 7:25:48 AM via Website

So you get phone bricked? You may read here, put your question forward and see if anybody helps. I came across the guide about how to rescue data from bricked Android phone before, I don't know if it can helps, but you can have a try.