How to backup all data to PC, root and install custom ROM

• Replies:4
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 23, 2016 11:14:23 AM via Website

1. How can I backup all files and folders (including the hidden ones) to my PC?

2. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 2, what is the easiest and safest way to root Android?

3. Which custom ROM should I install? Any recommendation?

Thanks a lot. :-)

• Forum posts: 8

Jan 5, 2017 2:51:24 AM via Website

when it comes to backup all files, maybe you can use Apowersoft Phone Manager which I am using.

You can use USB cable or WiFI connection. Great. I use this application to backup things once a month.

Google it.

• Forum posts: 16

Jan 5, 2017 10:12:08 AM via Website

1. Samsung Smart Switch is convenient to make backups for Samsung devices. When you manage to install a custom ROM, you'll be able to make Nandroid backups which literally including everything from files and folders to the system.

2. The easiest and safest way to root an Android device is absolutely using rooting tools. Since Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is comparatively "old", most popular rooting tools should work. In addition, Samsung users usually root handsets with Odin, but this tool requires some technical experience and unique ROM package for a certain model. You may find guide at Xda.

3. TWRP and CWM are popular

• Forum posts: 22

Jan 19, 2017 8:25:26 AM via Website

As I know Android Mobile Manager and MobiKin Assistant for Android are good tools to backup phone data. As they support to backup data as readable formats on computer. It is very convenient to restore and manage.

— modified on Jan 19, 2017 8:26:11 AM