Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Samsung Note 3 New SD Card "Damaged" but Works with Cameras & Windows?

• Replies:5
Kenith Olson
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 8, 2016, 5:36:36 PM via Website

Hi,

Recently purchased a new 64GB mSD Card for my Samsung Note 3. When tried to use got message "Card Damaged".

Decided to try "Damaged Card" with Windows 7 and was OK. Even ran CHKDSK also everything OK.

Then tried "Damaged Card" with both Canon and Nikon Cameras also everything OK.

Appreciate help to solve this problem.

Thanks

Ken

Kenith Olson
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 8, 2016, 7:21:24 PM via Website

Hi Liebe Grüße, Bastian (Do not know how you want to be addressed?)

Thanks for your response.

Since posting did some searching and have found a number of Samsung problems with SD Cards. This is one example "Problem: My Note 3 keeps telling me my SD card is bad. I can put in my laptop and it’s fine..."

After reading about all these problems am hesitant about using the Note 3 to format a SD Card so no I have not tried.

Am trying to find out what Note 3 adds when prepares exFAT SD Cards? Did find "High capacity microSD cards and Android – Gary explains"
he says "Basically it seems that support for exFAT is the stumbling block for some devices". Maybe the Note 3 is one?

Since I am new am unable to post the urls. If want please tell me and will send another way.

I have never had this problem with Canon and Nikon Cameras and Windows PCs and since it works OK with them am just not using it with my Note 3.

Hope someone knows why the Note 3 will not use this card!

Ken

Hejfdert
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 11, 2016, 8:14:11 AM via Website

Do you photos lost ?

Rnimama
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 11, 2016, 8:17:02 AM via Website

If you data get lost , you need to get back on the phone , otherwise , the photos was overed by any data , you can never found out them ,

Stephen Bradley
  • Forum posts: 10

Dec 11, 2016, 10:07:37 AM via Website

Solution: Connect the sd card to the computer via adapter and format the card with device default options (FAT32 File system). This will works.
Reason: SD card might contains files and folders belongs to the app which is not currently installed or support by your device. So delete the folders and files by formatting the sd card. Now, your sd card will be detected and you can use it.
Note: I found this error on most of the samsung mobile brands like galaxy ace duos, samsung galaxy s2, s3, s4, s5 and samsung galaxy note 2,3, 4 etc.
source: youtube