Not taking picture when a send sms feature is turned on in my app

• Replies:1
Dioptre Pic
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 12, 2017, 8:07:55 AM via Website

Please refer to this question:
stackoverflow.com/questions/...hen-a-send-sms-feature-is-turned-on-in-my-app

I'm trying to make a motion detector app (Build on top of github.com/phishman3579/android-motion-detection) that captures images on the motion detection and send sms notification(it also sounds an alarm tone). Its working fine & saving the images. The problem is that the app doesn't do the same (It doesn't save the picture) when the 'enable sms notif' switch is turned on. But it does detect motion and sends the SMS successfully. I tried to write 'else if' on the switch but it shows an error "else if without if". Maybe I don't know how to do it properly. Can you please correct the code and tell me what is wrong? I'm planning to put a switch for email notification too.. I'm a newbie to android programming.

Please see the code here :
stackoverflow.com/questions/...hen-a-send-sms-feature-is-turned-on-in-my-app

Jasmine Peterson
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 16, 2017, 4:27:59 PM via Website

I have to reboot each time I want to send someone a message that doesn't have an iPhone! I have to go through steps 1-3 before it will work. Trust me this is really getting to be a big pain in the butt. Although I am very pleased with your very easy instructions on how to do this. Thank you very much and my 88 and 99 year old aunts thank you as well since they love seeing photos of my 5 grandchildren.