Facebook messenger no sound in video messages sent

• Replies:12
  • Closed
Franklin K
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 7, 2017, 3:16:27 PM via Website

Hi guys. I have a Samsung Note 3. I'm having an issue which started recently where Facebook Messenger video messages that I send do not have any sound. When I press and hold the video record button in the app and then release the button to replay a recording there is a slight click sound and then total silence throughout the video. Oh my dad that the camera works perfectly in the phone and all videos work as they should. I've done absolutely everything I can think of including uninstalling both Facebook and the messenger app, reinstalling, clearing cache for the apps, clearing cache for the phone, wiping your phone to factory settings and reinstalling everything and a few others to no avail. Any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated as I'm totally fed up with this issue. TIA

— modified on Feb 9, 2017, 10:45:50 PM

Ivan Ripley
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 15, 2017, 2:51:16 AM via Website

I am having the exact same issue. I can record video with the app no problem but there is no audio. I can record audio with other apps and can even record audio clips separately with the voice recorder included with Messenger. I have tried the things you have mentioned and am coming up blank.
My thoughts are that maybe it is a glitch with the current update, as this has only recently started happening.

Franklin K

Franklin K

Feb 15, 2017, 4:19:03 AM via Website

Hi Ivan. Thanks for your response. I was starting to wonder if I'm the only one having this issue. For now I'm not going to do anything drastic like buy another phone and just live with it. I have to say I'm dussappinted both samsung and fb haven't been very helpful with no reply from fb and samsung telling me my phone needs to go in for a repair assessment. )let's hope it gets sorted sometime soon. Thanks again.

Ivan Ripley

Feb 16, 2017, 1:05:21 AM via Website

I just download the newest version of the Messenger app that was put out today and now the audio problem has been resolved. Give it a try and see if that fixes it.

Franklin K

Franklin K

Feb 16, 2017, 6:27:26 AM via Website

Hi Ivan thank you for the heads up but unfortunately no update as company come through on my phone yet so I did a uninstall and reinstall and the problem is still there very frustrating hopefully and update will come through on my Google account maybe it has something to do with the way Google distributes updates or something I'm not sure

Debby Foster

Franklin K

Feb 16, 2017, 6:29:39 AM via Website

I was hoping there was an update waiting for my Messenger but unfortunately none so I've uninstall reinstalled in the problem still there

Ivan Ripley

Feb 17, 2017, 12:48:42 AM via Website

Well, here's hoping when you update it next it resolves the issue. It's frustrating when there is nothing you can really do to fix the problem except wait. Good luck!

Franklin K

Franklin K

Feb 17, 2017, 3:32:24 AM via Website

Thanks Ivan! I appreciate your input. Enjoy your day :)

Franklin K

Feb 17, 2017, 4:00:16 AM via Website

Within minutes of my last post guess what ....the update came through and it now works perfectly again! Thanks again Ivan!

Alika Green
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 6, 2017, 1:12:08 AM via Website

I mother was having the same issue. She got hers fixed by force stopping messenger then uninstalling it. Restart her phone then reinstalled the app. Now it works fine.

longer
  • Forum posts: 15

May 6, 2020, 12:09:34 PM via Website

Had this problem on iPhone.
My FB and IG sent messages and there is no sound. I switched on the Silent switch and the app notification option. I then used Joyoshare UltFix to fix the problem without any data loss.

Lawrence

Dec 15, 2020, 7:33:36 AM via Website

I met with the same problem on my iPhone, too. It seems that the issue happens both on Samsung and iPhone. But fortunately, I get out of the trouble in the end. At first, I deleted and reinstalled the app, yet it didn't help. Later I sought help online and I was told to use professional iOS system repair tools. Finally, TunesKit iOS System Recovery saved me.

Amelia0221
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 24, 2024, 12:21:36 PM via Website

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to experience issues sending photos and videos on the Messenger app on your iPhone, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem:-
1. Update Messenger App:-
-Make sure you are using the latest version of the Messenger app. Outdated versions may have bugs
or compatibility issues. Update the app from the App Store if a newer version is available.
2. Check App Permissions:-
-Confirm that the Messenger app has the necessary permissions to access your photos and camera.
Go to Settings > Messenger > Photos and make sure it's set to "Read and Write" or "All Photos." Also,
check the Camera permission.
3. Restart the Messenger App:-
-Close the Messenger app completely and then reopen it. This can help resolve temporary glitches.
4. Clear Messenger App Cache:-
-Unfortunately, as of my last knowledge update in January 2022, iOS doesn't have a built-in feature
to clear app caches. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Messenger app, but keep in mind
that this will remove your chat history on the device.
5. Check Available Storage:-
-Ensure that your iPhone has enough available storage space. If your device is low on storage, it may
have trouble handling media files.
6. Contact Facebook Support:-
-If the problem persists, you can reach out to Facebook/Messenger support for assistance. They
may be able to provide specific guidance or information related to known issues.
7. Use Facebook Messenger in Browser:-
-As a temporary solution, consider using the Messenger web version in your mobile browser to send
photos and videos.
If the issue continues after trying these steps, it's advisable to check the Facebook Help Center or contact Facebook/Messenger support for more specific assistance, as they may have additional insights into app-related problems.