Lost phone, stranded in Philippines, can't get Whatsapp working - DESPERATE(!!!) - please help.

• Replies:1
Jordan Jones
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 23, 2017, 3:12:41 AM via Website

Hi all, Thanks in advance for whatever ideas you might have to help me. Here is my story. I am traveling for an extended time (8 months left). Currently in Philippines where I lost my phone recently with my SIM card in it (Its from Spain where I am from). I canceled my SIM of course and bought a cheap replacement phone here and have a philippine SIM. But I need whatsapp back. Its really important to me for my work.

Problem is to activate whatsapp on my new phone it has to send a message to my Spanish number, which is inactive. I have a sympathetic friend in barcelona willing to help, he tried to go to my mobile provider and get my replacement SIM but they wont give it to him, they will only give it to the person who owns it if they show two forms of ID...obviously impossible as I am on the other side of the world.

So what options do I have to get my whatsapp account (that is linked to my spanish SIM which no longer exists) to work on my current phone? I know I could start a new whatsapp with my philippine sim, but that is just not feasible as I have hundreds of work contacts that expect to connect with me on my old number.

Is there any creative solution to this problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Geoff Stewart
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 23, 2017, 3:54:27 PM via Website

Have you tried setting up a new whatsapp account and mailing them to see if they can help you.