Motorola Moto E — Google Now Card Is Not Updating

• Replies:5
Mark Strobel
  • Forum posts: 8

Feb 23, 2017, 4:44:37 PM via Website

For the past few days, I noticed that the Google Now card on my Moto E device is not updating the feed. When I did a search on the Internet to problem solve this issue, I learned that Google Now app will be discontinued this year. However, I phoned Google twice about this issue and they have no knowledge suggesting that this app will discontinue. If Google Now will be discontinued, what will replace Google Now? Can I install any launcher in Google Play or does it need to be a specific launcher for my Moto E? Thanks.

El See
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 1, 2017, 1:29:46 AM via Website

I'm having same problem. Moto E from Boost, but on Tello carrier.

Mark Strobel

Mar 1, 2017, 5:41:54 AM via Website

I found a workaround for my phone that resolves this issue at least temporarily. I have my phone set to screen rotation. When I read the Google Now card screen when the phone is in the vertical position, the cards do not populate. The screen is always white with the Google Search bar at the top of the screen. However, the cards populate when I view the screen from the horizontal position. From there, I could view the screen from the vertical position without a problem. This is only a temporary fix as I need to do this frequently. Why I need to do this in order for the cards to populate in the vertical position is a mystery to me.

El See

El See
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 1, 2017, 6:03:57 PM via Website

Although your workaround (landscape view) didn't work for me, what worked for me was to go to Settings | Apps | Google App | Manage Space, & hit Clear Launcher Data. Note that DELETES HOMESCREEN SETTINGS & RESETS HOMESCREEN TO DEFAULT. But it allowed Google Now Laucher to show feed again.

Mark Strobel

Mar 1, 2017, 8:48:25 PM via Website

Thanks. I will keep this in mind in the event that my method no longer works. I guess the bigger question is why this is occurring in the first place.

Wesley W.
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 2, 2017, 4:54:29 AM via Website

Nice !