Can I get a verification code from another number?

• Replies:6
Jose Manuel Jiménez Valls
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 8, 2017, 1:15:27 AM via Website

Hi all! I want to have whatsapp but I don't want my phone number to get associated with my whatsapp. I use whatsapp for my job (I'm a PR) and don't want people to call me.
I have an old iphone at home with a different number. So what I was thinking is: can I download whatsapp on that old phone, get the sms with the verification code and then download whatsapp on my new phone and slot that verification code I got on the old phone there?? That way I would have whatsapp on my new phone, but associated with my old phone number, is that correct??

Thank youu!!!!

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Mar 8, 2017, 9:50:22 AM via Website

Hi Jose, welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

Yes, you can but it is even easier. Simply install WhatsApp on the new phone and register your account. Enter the old phone number for the verification. You will receive an SMS with the code on your old phone. Simply enter that code manually in your new phone in WhatsApp and you are good to go :)

bellagreen

Jose Manuel Jiménez Valls
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 9, 2017, 12:23:23 PM via Website

Super stuff, thanks a mil!

J

Bastian Siewers

manasfer
  • Forum posts: 11

Mar 10, 2017, 3:29:13 AM via Website

Thanks for your info

Shankar Prasad Nandi
  • Forum posts: 27

Mar 13, 2017, 6:15:51 AM via App

As a caveat, let me mention another important point. If you do this, you have to maintain your old number because if you lose that number (the mobile connection provider gives the number to someone else or deactivates it) you won't be able to move your Whatsapp account to another device. Plus the new owner of the number might even hijack your account. So it's perfectly ok if you are using a different SIM for your Whatsapp, but do CONTROL that SIM until as long as you are using your Whatsapp account.

Falstas
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 19, 2018, 4:23:17 PM via Website

hello! i can sell my method of phone verification (is expensive but is it worth it) where you can get unlimited accounts of whatsapp, addme on whatsapp +1 282 201 0458 or skype: firilanzste

— modified on Jun 22, 2020, 2:47:42 PM

irishgeoff
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 4, 2020, 10:16:06 PM via Website

You can get a disposable phone number from Textita for phone verification.