Kindle Fire 7 (Gen. 5) Google Apps Installation Help Needed

• Replies:1
Brendan Nunemacher
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 11, 2017, 5:22:51 AM via Website

I'm new to the Kindle, but love my Android phone and it's complete platform that I'm used to working on daily. I want to bring the features of Google Play, Chrome, etc., but I'm at a loss trying to figure out what versions are applicable to the Kindle. Is anyone still around that can help with these questions?

1) Google Play Services - I need the version that will work with the Kindle OS. I'm at a loss where to find the information to figure out what I need on my own...
2) Will Google Play Services, proper version installed, fix the issues that come up with the other apps installed from the Google Play Store or apkmirror.com?

That will get me started, to see if there are any experts still floating around!

Thanks,
Brendan

Brendan Nunemacher
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 11, 2017, 9:13:29 AM via Website

Although I put this conversation in the wrong category, and I will copy it to where it belongs, I was able to find some answers on my own (on accident, of course!)

I found that the Kindle Fire I own has the 5.1.1 Android OS and it is armeabi-v7a architecture. Downloads should be a little easier to figure out now!