Google Chromecast — Can you stream Apple Music to Chromecast?

• Replies:4
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 24, 2017 8:28:44 AM via Website

I am using Apple Music to listen to music. Last weekend, I want to share a good song with my family on dinner. But I failed to cast the Apple Music to Chromecast. Can anyone think of a way to get Apple Music streaming into a Chromecast Audio?

— modified on Mar 24, 2017 8:29:19 AM

• Forum posts: 22

Mar 24, 2017 8:38:57 AM via Website

Though Chromecast supports many music streaming service, Apple Music is not in the list. And the Apple Music are encrypted with DRM protection to prevent privacy. But you can get help from Apple Music Converter which can convert Apple Music to the format supported by Chromecast. Then you can stream the Apple Music on Chromecast.

Edit by Admin: Link to external site removed.

— modified on Mar 24, 2017 10:09:07 AM by moderator

• Forum posts: 3

Sep 12, 2017 11:59:34 AM via Website

If you don't want to download these music on you Google Pixel again, you can convert Apple Music to MP3. In this way, you can transfer and play the Apple Music to Google Pixel successfully. But I think it is easier to use the same Apple ID on your new Google Pixel and re-download the Apple Music songs.

Please go to AIR website download the Apple Music to MP3 Converter

URL= www.android-iphone-recovery.com/apple-music-converter/

How to Play Apple Music M4P on Android

URL= www.android-iphone-recovery.com/convert-itunes-m4p-music-to-mp3-on-android.html

— modified on Sep 12, 2017 12:02:10 PM

• Forum posts: 8

Oct 11, 2017 10:04:16 AM via Website

The Chromecast Audio dongle is supported by a number of music services and applications including Google Play Music, Spotify, Deezer, Pandora, iHeartRadio and etc. While Apple Music is missing from the lineup.

Since Apple Music was announced in 2015, and it has passed 2 years till now, Apple Music still does not support the Chromecast Audio device. This shouldn’t come as much of a surprise given Apple’s historic reluctance to work with competitors.

Although Apple Music is not supported, there is way to make it through. The post from DRM Wizard shows one's experience to get Apple Music streaming into a Chromecast Audio successfully, by not bearing or waiting.

For reference: www.drm-wizard.com/stream-apple-music-to-chromecast.html

• Forum posts: 6

Oct 27, 2017 8:04:17 AM via Website

To be honest, we have no rights to play iTunes music on Apple unauthorized devices, since all iTunes music are in M4P which DRM(Digital Rights Management) protected, making it can be played on Apple devices only. If you want to enjoy Apple music on Chromecast, you have to get rip of fairplay DRM protection at first. Fortunately, there are many DRM Audio Converter on the Internet to help us remove DRM protection from iTunes music. After that, you will be able to enjoy these music freely.