Google Chromecast — Can you stream Apple Music to Chromecast?

• Replies:11
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 24, 2017 8:28:44 AM via Website

I am using Apple Music to listen to music. Last weekend, I want to share a good song with my family on dinner. But I failed to cast the Apple Music to Chromecast. Can anyone think of a way to get Apple Music streaming into a Chromecast Audio?

— modified on Mar 24, 2017 8:29:19 AM

• Forum posts: 22

Mar 24, 2017 8:38:57 AM via Website

Though Chromecast supports many music streaming service, Apple Music is not in the list. And the Apple Music are encrypted with DRM protection to prevent privacy. But you can get help from Apple Music Converter which can convert Apple Music to the format supported by Chromecast. Then you can stream the Apple Music on Chromecast.

Edit by Admin: Link to external site removed.

— modified on Mar 24, 2017 10:09:07 AM by moderator

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 8

Oct 11, 2017 10:04:16 AM via Website

The Chromecast Audio dongle is supported by a number of music services and applications including Google Play Music, Spotify, Deezer, Pandora, iHeartRadio and etc. While Apple Music is missing from the lineup.

Since Apple Music was announced in 2015, and it has passed 2 years till now, Apple Music still does not support the Chromecast Audio device. This shouldn’t come as much of a surprise given Apple’s historic reluctance to work with competitors.

Although Apple Music is not supported, there is way to make it through. The post from DRM Wizard shows one's experience to get Apple Music streaming into a Chromecast Audio successfully, by not bearing or waiting.

For reference: www.drm-wizard.com/stream-apple-music-to-chromecast.html

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 8

Oct 27, 2017 8:04:17 AM via Website

To be honest, we have no rights to play iTunes music on Apple unauthorized devices, since all iTunes music are in M4P which DRM(Digital Rights Management) protected, making it can be played on Apple devices only. If you want to enjoy Apple music on Chromecast, you have to get rip of fairplay DRM protection at first. Fortunately, there are many DRM Audio Converter on the Internet to help us remove DRM protection from iTunes music. After that, you will be able to enjoy these music freely.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 28, 2017 12:50:10 PM via Website

With the FairPlay DRM technology,Apple Music is not available channel in Chromecast. Therefore, if you want to stream Apple music to Chromecast, you can have a try of TunesKit Audio Converter.
Maybe, you will also want to stream iTunes movies to Chromecast, the first thing you should do is to remove DRM protection from iTunes movies and TV shows with DRmare DRM Converter, which is an easy-to-use but professional DRM removal tool and can help you remove iTunes M4V DRM legally and convert them to multiple formats quickly

Helpful?

Jan 3, 2018 11:04:20 AM via Website

Currently, Chromecast enables us get access to more than 30 million songs from music services like Pandora, Google Play Music, Spotify, and iHeartRadio, etc. However, Apple refused to support Google Cast ever since the release of the service due to the copyright protection.

In this case, you have to rely on some extra tools in order to sync Apple Music to Chromecast. Something called TunesKit Apple Music Converter might meet your needs as it will help you convert the Apple Music songs to Chromecast supported music format.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 3, 2018 11:52:43 AM via Website

Not possible. Apple currently doesn't want to make Apple Music available to stream through the Chromecast device.

Helpful?

Mar 25, 2018 11:29:06 PM via Website

Actually there's a pretty simple way - you can cast any sound/visual from smartphone using Google Home.
At least it works on Android.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 27, 2018 12:43:34 PM via Website

\'
'\;
'\;

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 27, 2018 12:44:00 PM via Website

:'(thtrhrhh

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 20, 2018 4:42:45 AM via Website

Though it is not allowed to play Apple Music to Chromecast, there is still a way to play Apple Music on Chromecast. You need to get the DRM-free Apple Music then you can play Apple Music on Chromecast. Here, I recommend TuneFab Apple Music Converter which is helpful with playing Apple Music on Chromecast.

For reference: www.tunefab.com/tutorials/apple-music-on-chromecast.html

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 20, 2018 4:16:58 AM via Website

As I know, Apple Music is protected by DRM, which is an encrypted technology, so you can play Apple Music on Apple authorized devices only. If you want to play them on Chormecast, I think you should remove the DRM protection from Apple Music with a profession tool named AudFree DRM Audio Converter, which is such a software designed to help you get rid of the DRM restriction, and then you can listen to Apple Music on Chormecast.

Helpful?

Recommended articles