Nonogram solver

• Replies:0
Filip Mistrik
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 26, 2017, 10:24:43 AM via Website

Hi all,

I would like to show you my very first app I created, called Nonogram cheat. It is part of my final year project at my uni and is intended to solve Japanese puzzles called Nonograms (other names are Picross, Hanjie, Griddlers and the list goes on). The app is still only in Beta (unreleased) but can be downloaded from Google Play. As it's part of my final year project I came to the phase when I need to find testers to get some feedback on it, what would help me a lot. I do not expect all of you to know what these puzzles are, in fact, most people in my area don't, but in case you wanted to find out there are a couple of websites that give a nice introduction, just write nonograms into Google :). I would include links here but can't as I am a new user. However, as this app is a solver you don't have to know how to solve these puzzles :).

I would be very grateful if someone could test this app and give me some feedback, which I could also use in my final report. There are already certain things that I think need to be improved or added, but my time ran out as I must focus on other things at my uni so they must wait for now. To find puzzles for testing, you can just search in Google it will give you plenty of them (a little note: my app solves only black-white puzzles up to size 30x30 :) ). It's only about filling the constraints (descriptions) for the lines and clicking solve. But be sure you double check your input, you know, with wrong input there is no solution. ;)

Please, if you try and test my app, give me some feedback by filling a brief form, the link to which can be found in the app description :). It is for analysis that I will use in my report and of course, it's anonymous. :)

To find the app in Google Play search for Nonogram cheat with the following icon: image

I'm sorry that I'm not providing any links, but I'm simply not allowed to :).

Thank you in advance :).