whatsapp picture overwrite problem

• Replies:0
anmac1789
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 29, 2017, 8:48:16 PM via Website

so there is an image of a selfie that I received from a contact on whatsapp. I sent that image to another whatsapp contact. I sent that image twice, not knowing so because i was in a hurry.

In windows explorer, when I go into my note 2's internal phone storage and search for those two images, they show up correctly with different filenames but same color image. The filenames are: IMG-20160713-WA0002.jpg and IMG-20160713-WA0014.jpg. These two images are the same selfie, only difference is that I sent them to the 2nd whatsapp contact 2 times, hence the almost similar filenames.

The problem starts when I import these 2 images from my note 2's internal storage to my laptop. When I import them to my PC, the filenames are still the same, however the actual image is of 2 different pictures. The different pictures are of a screenshot I took of a conversation between me and a friend and an email screenshot.

These screenshot pictures were in my phone storage but it seems like whatsapp overwrote the whatsapp selfie with the screenshots pics I already had in my phone's internal storage.

This isn't the only picture, there are other pictures with this kind of problem.

How do I correct this problem ? Is there a way to reset whatsapp photo cache or something ? Please help!