Can't recover Whatsapp messages on new phone from Bluestacks

• Replies:5
Jonathan a
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 11, 2017, 4:39:23 PM via Website

Hello,
I've tried all the possible methods of restoring Whatsapp messages from a backup - via Google Drive and via copying the Whatsapp folder manually from Bluestacks to the corresponding new phone's storage folder. However, each time Whatsapp failed to recover the messages. The new phone has a different number than the one which was used in Bluestacks, but according to the guide in the official Whatsapp site it shouldn't be problematic. During the attempt to restore I was connected to Wifi (tried 2 Wifi networks) and not to cellular communication.
I really hope someone can help solve my problem please

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Apr 11, 2017, 6:17:31 PM via Website

Hi Jonathan,

as far as I know you can not import WhatsApp messages when the used phone numbers are not the same. But there should be an easy fix: Delete WhatsApp on your phone. Switch the number in BlueStacks to the one you are using on your phone. Then backup the data and copy the backup to your phone. Install WhatsApp on the phone and restore the backup.

Jonathan a
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 11, 2017, 7:09:09 PM via Website

Hi Bastian, thanks for your reply. I've switched the number in my attempts, but I'm not sure that I did the backup after switching the number (I probably did but I can't recall for sure). Is that critical?

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Apr 12, 2017, 10:03:57 AM via Website

As far as I know, yes it is, as WhatsApp is checking the number to make sure to not restore messages to a different account.

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Apr 2, 2019, 9:43:56 AM via Website

I don't if old phone and new phone are in hand? If two phones are in hand, you can connect two phone to computer, and then transfer whatsapp data from one phone to another phone directly without limitation, but don't forget allow USB debugging in your Android phone. Or if you want backup whatsapp data firstly, you can backup, then restore whatsapp data to new phone.

tom Sam
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 22, 2021, 11:46:12 AM via Website

For Android user, you can use a recover tool to scan your phone, if whatsapp messages did not been overwritten, you can restore them.
android-recovery-transfer.com/android-whatsapp-chat-history-recovery.html

— modified on Apr 22, 2021, 3:29:07 PM