- Forum posts: 21
Apr 14, 2017 5:05:09 AM via Website
Apr 14, 2017 5:05:09 AM via Website
I believe most friends are hear of the method of app store optimization(ASO), but the specific details of it have not been known by average people. So, in order to solve the confusion of a large number of friends, I decide set the topic of today as ASO introduction. Let's get started!
ASO is the abbreviation of app store optimization, which is a process of optimizing your app to make it more visible and discoverable in app stores so that users are more likely to choose it from millions of other apps.
why is the ASO important?
In fact, searching in app store is the main traffic sources, 73% app installs is from searching app in app store. With the other channels of installing app become increasingly weak, app store optimization plays an important part.
The goal of ASO:
The result of making ASO is that your app easily be found by your customers that will be engage in your images and download it and will provide you assurance that they will no longer need to go for other sites. Following 5 factors are the details of the goal of ASO:
(1) increase the rate of coverage of your keywords: users can find your app easily by searching the keywords in app store, and the exposure of your app can be increased, too.
(2) improve the search rankings of your keywords: if your keywords rank in the top3 or more, the installs of your app would be increased.
(3) find the targeted users: an app having the targeted users will become more popular in app store, so it is essential to improve the activity of users .
(4) retain the ranking of your app: the ranking of search is the only ways to retain and improve your app depending on the current situation.
(5) improve the weighted value of your app: every app have a weighted value, which is a reference frame of app store optimization.
The influence factors of ASO:
(1) the name of your app: the name includes the main title and the subtitle, a good title can add marks to your app.
(2) the icon of your app: the icons of your app should be combined with the characteristics of the product and user, and design elaborately. If you want to update the icon, it is suggested that some A/B testing is done first, and see which one is better.
(3) the description of your app: the keywords of description are likely to be shown at apple's search engine. Therefore, you should embedded main target keywords subtly in description. Also, the first few lines are very important to attract audiences to read more information of your app.
(4) the keywords: the keywords include 100 characters in total, if you make a perfect app store optimization, every keywords could include the space of 5–10 characters.
(5) the screenshots of your app:Although almost no one will be reading the content of the app description, but certainly someone will see screenshots of your app. The first two screenshots is the key to catch the attention of audiences. If the screenshots are not fine enough to pass the function or concept to users, it is more likely to miss out the potential users.
(6) the reviews and ratings: if you have a negative reviews or a 1 star rating, you must have get more positive responses to make up. You can get positive reviews by inviting your friends to leave good reviews and buying app reviews from a reliable app reviews provider.
(7) the keywords search installs: there is a certain relation between keywords search installs and ASO, but it not means that more installs is acceptable, you must control the quantity of it.
(8) the activity of users: the responses of users include many information of your app, which can promote your app installs in return.
What should you do for ASO:
(1) learn about your app: you must learn about your app clearly, knowing about the keywords of your app and finding their influences and rankings of these keywords( you can use some searching keywords tools to help you). Also, you can learn about the function of your app clearly and find the targeted audiences.
(2)analyze your competitors: the competitors’ work are very important for you to optimize your app, you should pay close attention to the work news of your competitors, and reference the value information to your app.
(3)design a right goal: you should find the right direction of your app development, and finding the right targeted audiences of your app.
(4) collaborate with a reliable ASO company: you can communicate with a reliable app store optimization company(ASOTOP1) frequently and trust them fully if you have enough budget, which can boost your app ranking and increase the installs of your app fast and effectively.
ASO is a tough process to make, hope this post will help you learn about ASO more clear and optimize your app successfully.
Okay, the topic of today will end here.Wish these can be useful for people who have interested in app store optimization(ASO)!