What is you take on new rugged, water- and dustproof phones?

• Replies:1
Jan Jankowski
  • Forum posts: 1

May 4, 2017, 8:49:34 PM via Website

For some time already, I noticed a new trend – a number of rugged phones showed up, some of them offering really interesting features. Since my two kids are able to kill basically any phone in three months or so, I checked some of these phones. Some of them are by completely unknown to me Chinese companies (supposedly doing well in China) with names like AGM, ZOJI, iMAN, Blackview, Sonim or Homtom, there is a phone by CAT, you can (maybe?) add here new Apple, LG and Samsung phones, although they are not really rugged ones.

What I wanted to ask is – do you think it is a fad, and you can have the same by basically adding just a decent rubber shell to any phone you currently own? Or, it is a trend that will grow, and in no time all phones will be everything-proof?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

May 4, 2017, 9:12:14 PM via Website

The everything proof phones have there place in the construction industry and other high hazard profession. I doubt they will ever become every day devices because they are a bit clunky for the average user. I had one while managing a precast plant but it wasn't " everything proof " my 90,000 LBs fork truck turned it into little bits and pieces when I dropped moving product around one day.

— modified on May 4, 2017, 9:13:19 PM