How to promote app in Google Play Store? - as a newbie

• Replies:20
majbahul i.
  • Forum posts: 13

May 17, 2017, 12:16:01 PM via Website

Only uploading an app on google play store and just making a landing page can't promote an app of google play store. It needs to promote. Just making a facebook, google page and sharing don't reach more people. How can I get promoting an app in a freeway and viral as a newbie?

I want to know free Promoting methods of and android play store app.

Can any one help me!! To describe more clearly

Lilly Boo
  • Forum posts: 1

May 18, 2017, 5:05:17 PM via Website

Hi Majbahul Islam
If you don’t have ad budget and you consider yourself as newbie at publishing I advice you to make a good app store optimization first.

There are few simple steps only for a good start.
- You should no over-use keywords in your app name
- Icon and logo should be rememberable, and associated with your products/services.
- Make good description for each screenshot
- Make short demo of your app. (30s video)

Also don’t forget to create app’s social media pages and manage GP reviews.

The best tools that will help you with ASO:
ASOdesk - very convenietnt to manage your Google Play positions, many useful competitors insights;
AppFollow - collects and analyze store feedbacks;
MixPanel - many useful metrics. Retention rate, conversion funnels, etc.

I'm new on this forum, but feel free to ask me if you will have google play optimization questions.
Have a nice day!

— modified on May 18, 2017, 5:06:57 PM

Cody Traversmajbahul i.

majbahul i.
  • Forum posts: 13

May 20, 2017, 11:44:00 AM via Website

Thank You so much.

osama abbasi
  • Forum posts: 23

May 22, 2017, 2:27:35 PM via Website

Use blogs and forums it's simple and easy.

Sarah Maxwell
  • Forum posts: 19

May 23, 2017, 1:16:42 PM via Website

Hi Majbahul Islam,

As you said uploading an app on Play store is not enough to make your app popular on play store. You need to opt for ASO - App Store Optimization. Which includes the techniques that can help you to make your app popular among your audience and can get you as many downloads as it can.

Here are a few points that you can use:

1. Keyword Research - Perform keyword research using sensor tower, or app annie which will help you to decide which keywords you need to target for getting maximum installs for your app.

2. Add Good Title and Describe your app in an engaging manner. and select an appropriate category for your app.

3. Add a great looking logo and screen shots of your app (if possible try to add a good video too.)

4. Make sure you have some valuable ratings and reviews for your app on play store.

Hope this helps. :)

Promo
  • Forum posts: 18

May 24, 2017, 6:00:40 AM via Website

You need installs from users. You can reach your users on the forums, with ads, with social networks. It is up to you, what you like the most

Steven Rhods
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 3, 2017, 12:44:08 PM via Website

I think Facebook ads are great way to reach more people in less time.

Crystal1228

Oct 24, 2017, 10:31:39 AM via Website

Hi there, based on my experience, here are some effective and free android app marketing methods for you:

Play Store Optimization
First and foremost, we could not start this list without mentioning Play Store Optimization and its benefits. It is the process of improving a mobile app visibility in the store by optimizing each metadata element (app title, description, keywords, screenshots, etc.) according to the store and trends’ best practices.

Alter App Stores
Besides Google Play , there are many app stores where you can upload your app, such as Amazon Appstore, GetJar, SlideMe, AppBrain, Opera Mobile Store and AppsLib, which can boost your app audiences, visibility and downloads.

Apply for Awards
Participating in app awards is the most recommended channel, it can give you tons of press, exposure, reviews and plenty of downloads. These are some of the most famous app awards sites:
- Appy Awards
- Best App Ever Awards
- AppCircus competition
- Apple Design Awards
- Appsters Awards

Integrate Social share Within The App
Very powerful, effective and cheap tool for acquiring new users, yet so undervalued.By including the option within your app to share their screens and share in-app content, you broaden your app visibility and create a platform by which your users can express themselves. One of the reasons why social games are so popular is the fact they smoothly implemented the invite functionality.

Besides promotion, I suggest you get some positive app reviews to increase the download rates, reviewapp4u provides this kind of service, the minimum order is 10 reviews, which will not cost you much, but can boost your app downloads efficiently, becuase most people will check the app reviews before downloading an app, and people will be convinced by the positive app reviews. Hope those methods are useful to you.

— modified on Oct 24, 2017, 10:37:05 AM

KJ_bbCody Travers

Colin Conner

Oct 31, 2017, 11:51:01 AM via Website

Hi. First of all I would find some QA and chats where people looking for apps like yours. I think the best way of promoting your product is to find someone who really needs it. All the best.

Ihor Khoma

Nov 20, 2017, 1:07:38 AM via Website

I think Facebook ads are great way to reach more people

Akhil
  • Forum posts: 8

Jan 1, 2019, 11:43:08 AM via Website

Create social media pages and posts, share through it.
if you want a genuine quick hike in app downloads try some paid app promotion services like AppRank PRO.

Aswathy

Apr 26, 2019, 2:45:35 PM via Website

I think best part will be starting a pre-marketing campaign for your app through social media, blogs and other platforms . It will be helpful for you building a solid user base and develop initial user interest. Later all depends on how your app performs in real world .

shairazibtc

Dec 27, 2019, 8:14:03 AM via Website

Diversify your portfolio. Publish onto more than one App Store.

MichaelJohnny
  • Forum posts: 27

Dec 30, 2019, 2:16:57 PM via Website

You to promote it on social then after getting reviews and downloads it will appear on top

josaflenya
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 4, 2020, 2:24:51 PM via Website

I agree with you.

Legendary Software

Jul 25, 2020, 3:25:30 PM via Website

I've used App Annie to research what keywords are best to include in my Play Store description (This gives you more organic search downloads).
Also building an app which targets a niche audience will help, since you're not competing with a lot of other apps which might do what you're providing better.

ProductiveAsF
  • Forum posts: 7

Dec 8, 2020, 4:37:51 PM via Website

I would recommend you trying to get a job in a game development company and obtain the necessary skills, then you'll know everything you're gonna need it.

Iqra nawaz

Jan 13, 2022, 1:35:37 PM via Website

For promoting the apps in google play store, App store optimization process is important. it increase the ranking.

Iqra nawaz

Jan 14, 2022, 1:34:47 PM via Website

App store optimization (ASO) factor which pay attention are these:
• App name and title
• Keywords
• Description
• Subtitle
• Total number of downloads
• Rating and reviews

Iqra nawaz

Jan 17, 2022, 12:58:12 PM via Website

The keywords in the title should be the one with the higher search traffic. Spend time researching which keyword that is, because changing your title can be damaging. As your app begin to rank higher and get more reviews, your app’s new will start to spread by mouth of word. Changing the title make it difficult to rank or for word to spread about your app.

Iqra nawaz

Jan 20, 2022, 1:56:31 PM via Website

“To increase your app’s search ranking, if you are not using ASO then you are missing out on the largest discovery channel available to your app”.