Android Security to block Phone usage while driving/riding

• Replies:0
Sam S
  • Forum posts: 1

May 23, 2017, 8:47:21 AM via Website

Dear Team,

Greetings.
I decided to approach this forum to address the issue of increased usage of Mobile phones while driving. Pardon my ignorance as i am not a conventional Android Developer, but the instances of negligent driving/riding are so frequent and mobile users just do not seem to respect the fact to refrain from mobile while driving.

Are there certain means through which the smartphones can be smart enough to understand the usage while riding especially a 2-wheeler and disable the calls being made.
It is typical in this region of globe where the 2 wheeler riders tend to stick the phones in their helmets and continue with the call. It is considered more of skill to do so rather than an offence..! This is very unfortunate. There are a few apps which alert the incoming calls to alert the caller that the subscriber is driving. However these are voluntary measures and cannot be enforced. Hence the request to consider an option of involuntarily disabling calling functions while behind the wheels or on the bike.

Hope the concern is understood and is found genuine.

Thanks,
Sam