Samsung Galaxy S5 — How can I clear Device Memory?

• Replies:6
Ferrall Frazier
  • Forum posts: 1

May 24, 2017, 4:08:18 PM via Website

My device is using 13 to 14 GB out of the 16 total. I have a 32GB SD card that I have moved everything to that I can and it is at 2-3GB useage.

From MY FILES app, I have looked at the folders on the device memory to study the PROPERTIES of each and cannot find where the heavy memory use is. I have selectively moved apps to the card with APPLICATION MANAGER. Also, IMAGES, VIDEOS, DOCUMENTS, all have been moved. None of this has had much effect as you can see.

If there are hidden files/memory being used that I cannot see, I think that is a crappy system/situation.

If any of you can help, please write me back here. (please understand all I have said above before commenting)

Thanks,

p.s. I viewed the device and card memory in detail from a laptop WINDOWS EXPLORER connection

— modified on May 24, 2017, 9:35:42 PM

shariarkuasa
  • Forum posts: 12

Jul 16, 2017, 7:35:16 AM via Website

Follow this and hope you will see the some effect-

Power your device off.
Press and hold the power and volume up buttons.
Using volume button go to highlight "Recovery mode" and press power button to select "Recovery mode".
Select "wipe data / factory reset" and press power. This will open another menu.
Scroll down and select "Yes" to confirm that you want to perform the reset. Press power again to select it.
Wait for your device to reset. Wait for erasing the data and reinstalling the android operating system.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jul 17, 2017, 5:56:04 AM via Website

I think you should mean 'Internal Storage' other than 'Device Memory', which you are concerned about. Is it right?

Settings - Memory & storage - Internal Storage, you will see total & free GB of your device storage.

Is the total of your Internal Storage only 16GB? :( As far as I know, a firmware is already about 10GB in general.

If it's true and you really need more free space, you maybe have to backup all important data and then have a factory reset.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Sorin

chayusiro
  • Forum posts: 69

Jul 17, 2017, 9:34:43 AM via Website

If you want to clear your Samsung Galaxy S5 memory, the easiest way is using Samsung data eraser program. It can help us delete or clear out unwanted, junk files from Samsung Galaxy S5 to free up space memory.

— modified on Jul 18, 2017, 5:00:17 AM

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Jul 17, 2017, 10:26:11 AM via Website

I suggest that you can restore the device or once you can format it if possible..

Random User
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 17, 2017, 11:51:52 AM via Website

clear it using recovery mode.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Sep 16, 2017, 8:48:55 PM via Website

Ferrall
I had a storage problem also!
Here's what i did!
Clear cashed data. Apps, settings, storage, cashed data, and clear it!
Go to play store, shut off auto-update!
That will allow you to review the junk google is trying to cram into your device!
Then go to your apps manager in settings,
Tap the menu, tap all systems apps. Scroll through the apps one by one. Any apps that you don't use tap on the menu and uninstall the updates for that app.
I did this and i cleared up 9.5 gigabytes of free storage ;)

Sorin