screen overlay detected

• Replies:4
Kim Brau
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 6, 2017, 1:27:09 AM via Website

Ever since I bought this phone I get screen overlay detected and can not use most of the apps on my phone. Cricket said they fixed everytime i been up there now about 5 or 6 times but it still is not fixed . Idk what to do about it . I have tried everything in the videos on you tube and all the othe places on line . Please help I can not afford another phone . Cricket wont refund the phone even though I took it back up there with in a few days of buying the phone with this problem and they have never got it fixed but wont give me another one ! I have a LG Stylo 2 from Cricket

— modified on Jul 6, 2017, 1:33:19 AM

Juned Memon
  • Forum posts: 14

Jul 9, 2017, 9:40:48 AM via Website

To be true Screen Overlay is a basic feature used by almost every application.
Messenger Chat Head, Inbox Messages Preview and Whatsapp Messages Popups are all example of screen overlay feature, so you cant uninstall all application to resolve Screen Overlay Detected popups on your device...
You just need to manually turn off screen overlay of all applications in your device, Follow following settings to turn off screen overlay of android application:

Settings
Application Manager
Click on Three Dots (Top right corner) & Select Draw Over Other Apps
Turn off screen overlay of all apps one by one

This must solve the issue of screen overlay in your device...
If this isn't solving then screen overlay issue in your device or you haven't got my answer then refer to below reference:

— modified on Oct 28, 2017, 9:06:46 AM

Deactivated Account

Šäñdý Ashraf
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 12, 2017, 6:45:03 PM via Website

I already turned off all screen overlay but nothing changed
Screen overlay still detected

Juned Memon
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 28, 2017, 9:12:30 AM via Website

Šäñdý Ashraf

I already turned off all screen overlay but nothing changed
Screen overlay still detected

Turn off screen overlay of system apps too:

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down to Apps
  3. Click on Three Dots (Top R8 Corner)
  4. Tap on Draw Over Other Apps
  5. Again Click on Three Dots
  6. Tap on Show System Apps
  7. Now turn off screen overlay of all apps including apps
  8. Restart your device

This must solve the screen overlay detected popup issue on your device, if this isn't solving then disable / force stop / uninstall few apps from your device.

Screen Overlay is mainly used by some apps such as ES File Explorer, DU Apps, 360 Security App, Night Mode Apps.
Temporarily disabling this few installed apps on your device might work for you.

— modified on Oct 28, 2017, 9:16:26 AM

sophia779
  • Forum posts: 18

Sep 24, 2018, 5:10:58 PM via Website

Screen Overlay Detected is one of the irritating error that occurs mostly on devices support Marshmallow version. This error occurs when you try to install any new applications on your Android device where you have to allow some permission like contacts, camera, storage etc. Some of the devices which includes Marshmallow are OnePlus, Redmi, Samsung, oppo, Lenovo, Vivo and several other. Therefore it is important to get rid of such error and for that, you have to follow the below steps to switch off screen overlay on any Android devices:

• First, open Settings and scroll down to Apps section Now tap on Three
• Dots that you will get on right corner and select Draw over other
• Apps Again, click on three dots and choose Show System App
• Here you will get the list of the apps with system apps whose Screen Overlay is active
• At last, turn off the screen overlay of the entire apps

Other solutions include:

• Check app permissions
• Find out apps
• Reinstall the app again
• Use Safe mode