Are deleted images still backed up?

• Replies:5
Jelle V
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 6, 2017, 12:56:29 PM via Website

Hi guys and girls,

If I delete a message with an image within WhatsApp, is that image still backed up to my Google Drive? And, thus, restored if I do a fresh install?

If so, how do I avoid this? In other words, how can I make sure an image I sent or received is deleted from WhatsApp, my phone AND my back-up?

Thanks a lot!
J

AC&MM
  • Forum posts: 1,155

Jul 6, 2017, 5:26:19 PM via Website

Jelle V

Hi guys and girls,

If I delete a message with an image within WhatsApp, is that image still backed up to my Google Drive? And, thus, restored if I do a fresh install?

If so, how do I avoid this? In other words, how can I make sure an image I sent or received is deleted from WhatsApp, my phone AND my back-up?

Thanks a lot!
J

Well, you just need to understand that a backup is a copy of your files, so if you have a backup of your files, you have a copy of them. Right?
It´s simple. You delete a file or message that's in WhatsApp and then you make a backup manually.
You can also disable automatic backup in WhatsApp. And this way you're able to delete allmessages or files you don't want and then make a manual backup of your files. I believe this solves your problem.

Sorry if my English is bad.

— modified on Jul 6, 2017, 5:32:12 PM

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Deactivated Account

manish dhanda
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 6, 2017, 8:12:50 PM via Website

Yes i agree with AC&MM as the files are backed up in the phone memory as well as google drive. You need to disable the option for automatic backup in the settings.

AC&MM

Ruby Mariah
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 25, 2017, 5:07:35 PM via Website

If whatsapp images deleted form chat then there is no way to get them back even you have backup.

AC&MM
  • Forum posts: 1,155

Jul 25, 2017, 7:49:45 PM via Website

Ruby Mariah

If whatsapp images deleted form chat then there is no way to get them back even you have backup.

I think you didn't get. If you have a backup of your files (a copy), you are able to get them back whenever you want. You need to understand that you have to make a backup of all your files before and then when you want to get them back, they'll be there.

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Ruby Mariah
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 27, 2017, 5:14:36 PM via Website

Thanks for correcting me. :)