[App][Free] My first app: BikeActive speedometer and bell

• Replies:1
Eduard Weis
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 28, 2017, 5:51:21 PM via Website

Hello guys from androidpit,

during the development of my first android app I found your forum. It's not a big project, but I would very much apreciate, if you had a look at it and left some feedback ;-)

The whole thing started, when my little cousin got a new bike and we noticed that it didn't have a bell or lights but a smartphone holder. So he asked if it would be possible to build an app with a button for a bike bell. I tried this, added some features but tried to keep it simple. This is the result:

name: BikeActive: Speedometer and Bell
play store id: com.development.EdsApp.bikeactiveSpeedometerAndBell.app

Get on your bike or just start running. BikeActive will accompany you on every tour. Turn on the app an start your measurement. It's that easy to observe the travelled distance and time of your activity.

Do you have a smartphone holder on your bike? Use the integrated bell. Try the different sounds and clear your way.

Low on power? BikeActive will continue a started measurement in standby. To save even more power the frequency of GPS-updates is lowered in standby mode.

Displays:
- current speed (speedometer)
- average speed
- maximum speed
- GPS status
- duration of activity
- travelled distance
- total distance
- flashlight

No registration required. BikeActive does not collect any personal data!

Important notice: This app uses your integrated GPS-receiver in your smartphone. Every GPS-receiver has certain inaccuracies. An algorithm to improve measurment results is used, but still they will never be 100% exact.

Please use BikeActive only with a roadworthy bike. The bell functionality is not a replacement for a physical bell.

— modified on Jul 28, 2017, 5:55:12 PM

Evgeniy Vinogradniy
  • Forum posts: 12

Jul 29, 2017, 4:05:33 PM via Website

Nice one

Eduard Weis