Restore an deleted whatsapp message after last backup and before next backup happened

• Replies:12
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 11, 2017 7:44:41 AM via Website

I just deleted an important message before the next backup happened and after the last backup. Is there anyway to restore them? Trying a few restore tools, but all stuck at some percentage.

Can anyone advise.

• Forum posts: 283

Aug 12, 2017 4:34:45 PM via Website

Calvin C

I just deleted an important message before the next backup happened and after the last backup. Is there anyway to restore them? Trying a few restore tools, but all stuck at some percentage.

Can anyone advise.

Did you uninstall your WhatsApp? If you did not, there's a hope.

AC&MM
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Nokia 3310

Aug 13, 2017 12:43:59 PM via Website

no. i dint uninstall

Aug 14, 2017 10:39:39 AM via Website

Any method to restore as my whatsapp did not re-installed/ uninstalled? Please advise. Many thanks

• Forum posts: 33

Aug 15, 2017 4:13:29 AM via Website

Since you have no backup, the only chance may be using more WhatsApp recovery tools. What's your phone model? You may try this Android WhatsApp Recovery solution.

• Forum posts: 7

Aug 15, 2017 6:21:39 AM via Website

Did you uninstall your WhatsApp? If you did not, there's a hope.

• Forum posts: 11

Aug 16, 2017 4:43:44 AM via Website

Generally speaking, data recovery tools can recover deleted WhatsApp messages directly from your device, but since you mentioned that they failed, you have probably overwritten the messages. And just like others said, there is not a promising chance to restore them back to your phone.

— modified on Aug 18, 2017 6:59:34 AM

Aug 16, 2017 6:56:15 AM via Website

One Plus 3, will try the suggestion

Aug 16, 2017 6:57:29 AM via Website

Jake Tse

Generally speaking, data recovery tools can recover deleted WhatsApp messages directly from your device, but since you mentioned that they failed, you have probably overwritten the messages. And just like others said, there is not a promising chance to restore them back to your phone.

Any suggestion on the whatsapp message recovery tools?

Aug 16, 2017 3:09:17 PM via Website

Calvin, Just one more question: Was WhatsApp uninstalled after you deleted the messages? 'Cause if you deleted them and then you uninstalled WhatsApp and you installed it again, it's harder to recover them.
But if you didn't uninstall it so far, you can recover them following the tutorial below:

1 - Connect your phone to a PC and go to Internal storage/WhatsApp/Databases. This is where you will find the backups of the messages. Copy the Databases folder to your PC.
2 - You'll find some files called msgstore and the corresponding date (year-month-day) in the name. One of these files, however, doesn't have any date. This is the last 24 hour backup - the one Whatsapp automatically recovers after being reinstalled. Rename it and put it apart. You can rename it as msgstore1.
3 - Select the file corresponding to the day of the conversation you want to retrieve and open the option to rename it.
4 - You just need to erase only the date that's on the name of this file, so WhatsApp thinks that history is the last 24 hours. Remember that the app will only recognize one file at a time. It won't work if you rename all of them, waiting for the WhatsApp restoring to recover from last week's conversations. It will only bring back the messages of a specific day.
5 - Don't forget to rename the original backup, the one you found undated when you opened the folder, so as not to confuse the system.
6 - After making the changes, just remove the phone from the PC, uninstall WhatsApp and reintall it again.
7 - Connect your phone to your PC and copy the folder where is the modified file to your phone replacing the one that was before in it. When you restart the app, that file you modified will be recognized as the history of the last day of the conversations and will be recovered.

You can run this process as many times as you want, as long as you don't get wrong with the dates of each file. Remember that old messages, exchanged more than seven days ago, can no longer be recovered if you have deleted them.

My English is out of practice. Feel free to correct me.

— modified on Aug 16, 2017 3:27:10 PM

AC&MM
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Nokia 3310

Aug 16, 2017 3:22:07 PM via Website

AC&MM

Calvin, Just one more question: Was WhatsApp uninstalled after you deleted the messages? 'Cause if you deleted them and then you uninstalled WhatsApp and you installed it again, it's harder to recover them.
But if you didn't uninstall it so far, you can recover them following the tutorial below:

1 - Connect your phone to a PC and go to Internal storage/WhatsApp/Databases. This is where you will find the backups of the messages. Copy the Databases folder to your PC.
2 - You'll find some files called msgstore and the corresponding date (year-month-day) in the name. One of these files, however, doesn't have any date. This is the last 24 hour backup - the one Whatsapp automatically recovers after being reinstalled.
3 - Select the file corresponding to the day of the conversation you want to retrieve and open the option to rename it.
5 - Delete the name of the file on the date that the conversation was made, so WhatsApp thinks that history is the last 24 hours. Remembering that the app will only recognize one file at a time. It won't work if you rename all of them, waiting for the WhatsApp restoring to recover from last week's conversations. It will only bring back the messages of a specific day.
5 - Don't forget to rename the original backup, the one you found undated when you opened the folder, so as not to confuse the system.
6 - After making the changes, just remove the phone from the PC, uninstall WhatsApp and reintall it again.
7 - Connect your phone to your PC and copy the folder where is the modified file to your phone replacing the one that was before in it. When you restart the app, that file you modified will be recognized as the history of the last day of the conversations and will be recovered.

You can run this process as many times as you want, as long as you don't get wrong with the dates of each file. Remember that old messages, exchanged more than seven days ago, can no longer be recovered if you have deleted them.

My English is out of practice. Feel free to correct me.

Yes, i do understand hows the backup work. but the delete of the message is happening after the last backup and before the next backup. so 8 dun think the message will be on those db files.

Aug 16, 2017 3:36:49 PM via Website

I hadn't paid attention to this detail. This is a bit harder than I thought.

AC&MM
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Nokia 3310

• Forum posts: 11

Aug 17, 2017 6:52:26 AM via Website

Maybe you can check this out : 3 apps to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages
iphonedata.net/3-apps-to-restore-whatsapp-messages.html