Restore an deleted whatsapp message after last backup and before next backup happened

• Replies:32
Calvin C
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 11, 2017, 7:44:41 AM via Website

I just deleted an important message before the next backup happened and after the last backup. Is there anyway to restore them? Trying a few restore tools, but all stuck at some percentage.

Can anyone advise.

AC&MM
  • Forum posts: 1,155

Aug 12, 2017, 4:34:45 PM via Website

Calvin C

I just deleted an important message before the next backup happened and after the last backup. Is there anyway to restore them? Trying a few restore tools, but all stuck at some percentage.

Can anyone advise.

Did you uninstall your WhatsApp? If you did not, there's a hope.

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Thuy Kieu Tran

Calvin C

Aug 13, 2017, 12:43:59 PM via Website

no. i dint uninstall

Calvin C

Aug 14, 2017, 10:39:39 AM via Website

Any method to restore as my whatsapp did not re-installed/ uninstalled? Please advise. Many thanks

PakRayon
  • Forum posts: 48

Aug 15, 2017, 4:13:29 AM via Website

Since you have no backup, the only chance may be using more WhatsApp recovery tools. What's your phone model? You may try this Android WhatsApp Recovery solution.

Tu Lan
  • Forum posts: 7

Aug 15, 2017, 6:21:39 AM via Website

Did you uninstall your WhatsApp? If you did not, there's a hope.

Calvin C

Aug 16, 2017, 6:56:15 AM via Website

One Plus 3, will try the suggestion

Calvin C

Aug 16, 2017, 6:57:29 AM via Website

Jake Tse

Generally speaking, data recovery tools can recover deleted WhatsApp messages directly from your device, but since you mentioned that they failed, you have probably overwritten the messages. And just like others said, there is not a promising chance to restore them back to your phone.

Any suggestion on the whatsapp message recovery tools?

Rothman

AC&MM

Aug 16, 2017, 3:09:17 PM via Website

Calvin, Just one more question: Was WhatsApp uninstalled after you deleted the messages? 'Cause if you deleted them and then you uninstalled WhatsApp and you installed it again, it's harder to recover them.
But if you didn't uninstall it so far, you can recover them following the tutorial below:

1 - Connect your phone to a PC and go to Internal storage/WhatsApp/Databases. This is where you will find the backups of the messages. Copy the Databases folder to your PC.
2 - You'll find some files called msgstore and the corresponding date (year-month-day) in the name. One of these files, however, doesn't have any date. This is the last 24 hour backup - the one Whatsapp automatically recovers after being reinstalled. Rename it and put it apart. You can rename it as msgstore1.
3 - Select the file corresponding to the day of the conversation you want to retrieve and open the option to rename it.
4 - You just need to erase only the date that's on the name of this file, so WhatsApp thinks that history is the last 24 hours. Remember that the app will only recognize one file at a time. It won't work if you rename all of them, waiting for the WhatsApp restoring to recover from last week's conversations. It will only bring back the messages of a specific day.
5 - Don't forget to rename the original backup, the one you found undated when you opened the folder, so as not to confuse the system.
6 - After making the changes, just remove the phone from the PC, uninstall WhatsApp and reintall it again.
7 - Connect your phone to your PC and copy the folder where is the modified file to your phone replacing the one that was before in it. When you restart the app, that file you modified will be recognized as the history of the last day of the conversations and will be recovered.

You can run this process as many times as you want, as long as you don't get wrong with the dates of each file. Remember that old messages, exchanged more than seven days ago, can no longer be recovered if you have deleted them.

My English is out of practice. Feel free to correct me.

— modified on Aug 16, 2017, 3:27:10 PM

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Tricia Naidu

Calvin C

Aug 16, 2017, 3:22:07 PM via Website

AC&MM

Calvin, Just one more question: Was WhatsApp uninstalled after you deleted the messages? 'Cause if you deleted them and then you uninstalled WhatsApp and you installed it again, it's harder to recover them.
But if you didn't uninstall it so far, you can recover them following the tutorial below:

1 - Connect your phone to a PC and go to Internal storage/WhatsApp/Databases. This is where you will find the backups of the messages. Copy the Databases folder to your PC.
2 - You'll find some files called msgstore and the corresponding date (year-month-day) in the name. One of these files, however, doesn't have any date. This is the last 24 hour backup - the one Whatsapp automatically recovers after being reinstalled.
3 - Select the file corresponding to the day of the conversation you want to retrieve and open the option to rename it.
5 - Delete the name of the file on the date that the conversation was made, so WhatsApp thinks that history is the last 24 hours. Remembering that the app will only recognize one file at a time. It won't work if you rename all of them, waiting for the WhatsApp restoring to recover from last week's conversations. It will only bring back the messages of a specific day.
5 - Don't forget to rename the original backup, the one you found undated when you opened the folder, so as not to confuse the system.
6 - After making the changes, just remove the phone from the PC, uninstall WhatsApp and reintall it again.
7 - Connect your phone to your PC and copy the folder where is the modified file to your phone replacing the one that was before in it. When you restart the app, that file you modified will be recognized as the history of the last day of the conversations and will be recovered.

You can run this process as many times as you want, as long as you don't get wrong with the dates of each file. Remember that old messages, exchanged more than seven days ago, can no longer be recovered if you have deleted them.

My English is out of practice. Feel free to correct me.

Yes, i do understand hows the backup work. but the delete of the message is happening after the last backup and before the next backup. so 8 dun think the message will be on those db files.

AC&MM

AC&MM

Aug 16, 2017, 3:36:49 PM via Website

I hadn't paid attention to this detail. This is a bit harder than I thought.

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Rothman
  • Forum posts: 20

May 30, 2018, 5:12:17 AM via Website

Hi Calvin. Did you find any effective whatsapp recovery tool? I hope you have find one. If no, I can tell you on named WhatsMate, it can be used to scan your phone for deleted WhatsApp messages and media without charge. It can show you the deleted data before you actually perform the recovery, in other words, you don't have to pay for it if it doesn't find out your deleted data. I just used it last month to scan my samsung s7, but as I just needed to read an important message which I could view it on the WhatsMate's scanning preview window, so I didn't need to pay it. If you have any problem about it, you can ask on its Facebook page like me did before.

— modified on May 30, 2018, 5:12:46 AM

zoeyst

zoeyst
  • Forum posts: 3

May 31, 2018, 3:43:18 AM via Website

I just tried a whatsapp r ecovery software, though it (most of this kind of softwares) is a paid one, I think it's worth the money in itself. The most important thing is I got back the whatsapp chats I wanted finally.

Juan Francisco García Velázquez
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 5, 2018, 8:47:56 PM via Website

May I ask what software you used?,I have paid for two apps already iPhone and Imyphone no results,don’t know what else to do

Rothman

Jun 8, 2018, 3:01:43 AM via Website

Yeah, almost all recovery solutions will provide users with preview option, which means that we can scan and preview the scan result before paying for the recovery.

— modified on Jun 8, 2018, 3:05:42 AM

zoeyst

zoeyst
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 8, 2018, 3:05:55 AM via Website

Hi, Juan Francisco García Velázquez. I used Jihosoft WhatsMate.

Juan Francisco García Velázquez

Jun 10, 2018, 5:01:41 PM via Website

Thanks indeed ,I’ll give it a go

zoeyst

Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 11, 2018, 8:13:03 AM via Website

One Plus 3 used Android system.So you need find some Android recovery tool as you haven't back up.Before do it,stop use your phone.

Important: don't try to use your phone any more after losing the data, otherwise the data will be overwritten and unrecoverable.

You'd better develop a good habit of backing up all your messages. It can greatly reduce the possibility of losing messages in your daily life. And the action of backing up seems to be much easier than restoring.

Max Field
  • Forum posts: 32

Jun 12, 2018, 6:05:47 PM via Website

Hi Calvin,

I have link that can help you to retrieve your deleted WhatsApp messages. But this forum is not allowing me to post link.

If you can provide your email id, then i can send it to you.

Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

Jun 20, 2018, 3:41:24 AM via Website

Sometimes it is quite annoying that the important data gets lost or deleted from your OnePlus 3, such as the WhatsApp data which contains your important conversation record or wonderful memory with others.

The OnePlus WhatsApp Data Recovery is a professional recovery tool to recover lost or deleted WhatsApp data from OnePlus phone. It supports to restore WhatsApp data like WhatsApp chat history, WhatsApp images, WhatsApp videos, WhatsApp attachments and other data from One Plus 3.

After detecting the OnePlus 3, you can quickly preview the lost data.

— modified on Jun 27, 2018, 11:31:29 AM

Alice
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 14, 2018, 9:31:36 AM via Website

How about third-party recover tool?I know it can recover files without backup.

klose maggette
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 18, 2018, 6:51:18 AM via Website

Yeah, this dr.fone - Recover for Android can help to recover deleted or lost WhatsApp messages from Android phone, no need with any backup.

youtu.be/BOZOMqgSKhc

Sentinel0011
  • Forum posts: 1

May 24, 2019, 6:51:28 PM via Website

Hello. I'm sorry if this is very late as I've just found this thread. So about the application to restore the previous conversation, let's say as per today is May 24th 2019. Is it only available to restore local data for the last 7 days? Because I need to find out about my Whatsapp chat from way back in a specific date like December 5th 2018.

It'll be very helpful if you could answer this. Thank you.

chigandahoo

May 31, 2019, 10:17:59 AM via Website

I also have entered the same problem, and uninstalled the WhatsApp and then reinstalled WhatsApp to restore from backup, but I still lost some WhatsApp messages, I searched the tool in Google, and try a few methods, the effective method is use WhatsApp Data Recovery tool to recover lost WhatsApp messages.

Snehal Dalbhanjan

Jul 28, 2019, 12:42:11 PM via Website

Hey hi can you share me the link on snehaldalbhanjan@gmail.com

janesmith95@protonmail.com

Aug 15, 2019, 9:41:14 AM via Website

hi there,
there is another easy way to recover Whatsapp, a few steps as follow:
1. Launch FoneDog iOS Data Recovery and Connect Your Phone to Computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging on iPhone
3. Choose File Types to Scan on Your Phone.

longer
  • Forum posts: 15

Jan 14, 2020, 9:58:40 AM via Website

Since there is no back up you can retrieve the message from.
Maybe you can try scaning the local deleted files with joyoshare iphone data recovery.
It can retrieve the files not completed from your device.

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Jan 15, 2020, 9:02:56 AM via Website

With backup, use the tool to scan phone inner storage deeply, from the scanning result, preview recoverable data, select the data type to recover, wahstapp chat history from the scanning result, select it to recover, then pay for it to get back deleted whatsapp data.

More details: Recover deleted Whatsapp on Samsung

— modified on Jan 15, 2020, 9:04:53 AM

johndavid9114

Feb 14, 2020, 10:16:58 AM via Website

I too faced the same problem in my mobile. Is there any other ways to sort it out.

Regards
Roku activate- my-rokucomlink

Zeeshan_sid
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 16, 2020, 10:04:33 AM via Website

1. Uninstall the WhatsApp from your phone
  2. Now reinstall the Whatsapp with your phone number
  3. When you set up the app, a popup will appear asking you to restore
    messages from cloud backup. Click On the Restore option
  4. Your messages will be restored

Mernianun
  • Forum posts: 4

May 29, 2020, 11:20:23 AM via Website

Try one more third-party data recovery tool perhaps? Because I think there is no any effective way to recover your WhatsApp messages without using any smart tools. Sorry

— modified on May 29, 2020, 11:25:40 AM

tom Sam

Apr 22, 2021, 11:52:57 AM via Website

You can try the below recovery tool, maybe it can help you to restore whatsapp messages.
android-recovery-transfer.com

— modified on Apr 22, 2021, 3:54:33 PM

Andrew Will
  • Forum posts: 10

Jun 1, 2021, 6:09:47 PM via Website

Hello, you can use an app named KidsGuard Pro. You can see your deleted whatsapp message history via this app.