HTC One (M8) — cant connect to home wifi even though its working fine

• Replies:11
Big Dan
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 19, 2017, 11:41:21 PM via Website

I have Lollipop on an HTC One M8.

Yesterday I changed to the Google Now Launcher. Not sure if that's related to this.

I haven't been able to connect to my home wifi today. The wifi's working fine b/c my laptop's connected. But often when I goto Wifi it seems off. If I exit and come back it'll usually be off as well.

Even when I do manually turn it on though, I dont see any connections.

WTF is going on?

Edit - just to add, I did restart the phone just before posting.
Also right now I went to Settings, Wireless & Networks, where it showed Wifi is off. I turned it on, went to More, exited More, and shows Wifi is off again. There's no reason for that to happen so it seems somethings conflicting somewhere. Whats up?

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Aug 20, 2017, 3:50:33 AM via Website

Try to 'Forget network' ?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Big Dan

Aug 20, 2017, 8:33:42 AM via Website

Well its more that the wifi wont turn on at all. If I goto Wireless & Networks it shows Wifi is turned off. If I turn it on then exit the screen it'll go back to being shown as off.

Andrew Albano
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 20, 2017, 2:08:04 PM via Website

Slam your device on the edge of table, this will break it open and release the bugs! Are there any other problems? More details are needed for proper solutions.

tony williams
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 20, 2017, 4:43:08 PM via Website

Get rid of launcher then try again after restart, if no good factory reset phone, have you changed rom? If yes get proper rom not custom if that doesn't work replace your phone

Big Dan

Aug 21, 2017, 6:06:04 AM via Website

ROM?

Get rid of launcher then try again after restart, if no good factory reset phone, have you changed rom? If yes get proper rom not custom if that doesn't work replace your phone

ajazgames
  • Forum posts: 137

Aug 21, 2017, 11:44:51 AM via Website

it seems better change your external memory device (sd card) and restart your mobile ....its better to uninstall the lancher

tony williams
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 21, 2017, 1:11:58 PM via Website

What files, apk's, are on sd card

rigaini afgan
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 22, 2017, 4:18:18 AM via Website

may be you can check out for proxy

Casser 110
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 23, 2017, 8:29:49 AM via Website

You can change your drive device

Rahul Rajput
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 23, 2017, 11:19:04 AM via Website

Hey Admin, I think it works it must be problem with your device. You must go to network settings and then choose the home network to Public. You can connect as many as device with your home wi fi very easily. HTC Might not offer you this but a Android app name Flip to wi fi, I am using this App in my old Samsung Device. This will work for you admin. Next year in Galaxy s9 this app will be inbuilt