Google Play Store Not Updating/Downloading Apps

• Replies:2
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 24, 2017 5:00:59 PM via Website

The Google Play Store on my phone won't download or update any apps. It started after I Factory Reset my phone today (Note: This isn't the first time I reset my phone but this problem is new). I've cleared the cache and data of both Google Play Store and Services several times apiece, I've factory reset it again, I've refreshed my account twice, restarted my phone twice, I disabled and enabled Google play store and I reset the date twice, but nothing is working.

If Google Play Services need to be updated, It won't update. It does one of two things, says it's "downloading" but stays on the loading part until it times out and "Error Code: 500" comes up or it stays at "Download pending".

This shouldn't be the case. My phone is fairly new, It's Metro PCS's Galaxy On5 and I've only had it for less than 6 months.

• Forum posts: 3

Sep 8, 2017 3:16:02 PM via Website

Hey, Darth Grant, I read your query, Don't worry about it. While I realize you've tried all possible things to fix the error and nothing seems to work. I'd recommend you try the below steps to fix the issue:

1. Remove and re-add Google account
    a. Go to Settings.
    b. Scroll down to Accounts (or Account & Sync) and touch Google.
    c. Touch the name of the account to remove.
    d. Touch the menu button (3 dots) and select Remove account.
    e. Repeat this process for all accounts on the device.
  2. Once all accounts have been removed, advise you restart the device and proceed to re-add the accounts:
    a. Go to Settings.
    b. Scroll down to Accounts (or Accounts & Sync).
    c. Touch Add/Plus and then Google.
    d. Touch Existing and sign in with the desired Google account.
  3. Restart your device and check if you're able to download the apps that you've purchased.

— modified on Sep 8, 2017 3:20:52 PM

• Forum posts: 8

Sep 16, 2017 9:13:13 PM via Website

Darth
I recently got a notice that google is only updating apps through a wifi signal.
I don't think the factory reset has anything to do with the problem!