Samsung Galaxy S5 — What is this App and How Do I Manage it?

• Replies:3
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 28, 2017, 7:26:27 PM via Website

Recently, when I open my Galaxy 5S I get a screen (not always, only on occasion) that displays this message:

Say "Hello Galaxy

and button icons for Phone, Messages, Navigation and Music.

I don't know where it came from, what it's app name is, or how to uninstall it. I have an idea it is tied to the interface in my auto. I have the phone paired (Bluetooth) to the infotainment system in the auto, and have Android Auto installed, but the phone is not plugged into the infotainment system (so Android Auto is not running, right?). Any idea what's going on and how I stop this screen from popping up?

I would love to include an image of the screen - it's a 318 kb .jpg file, but it will not upload (Upload button is grayed out (and yes, the file is selected), nor will it drag & drop.

Thanks for your help!

Henry Samuel

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Aug 29, 2017, 6:05:06 AM via Website

Have you checked your app list in 'Settings - App manager' ?

You can upload the screenshot on imgur.com, and then post the link here.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 29, 2017, 7:28:23 PM via Website

Thanks James for the tip on how to post screen shots. I did check the app manager, but found nothing there. In the meantime, I discovered that it is something called "Car Mode." and can be found under Settings>Notification panel. If you have Bluetooth in your car, and your phone paired to it (as I do), it will automatically open Car Mode. So far, the only way I see to turn off Car Mode is to use the Back button on my S5; the Home button doesn't seem to do it. I would post a link to a good detailed explanation of Car Mode, but being a newbie on this site, I am not allowed to do so. Therefor I suggest to anybody who is interested to Google "android car mode."