- Forum posts: 5
Sep 6, 2017, 12:37:53 PM via Website
Sep 6, 2017 12:37:53 PM via Website
Taking notes have never been so easy!
Smartynote is a notepad app with multiple features to make it easy for you to take daily notes. From regular students to the people struggling with reading and writing difficulty like dyslexia, Smartynote is for everyone. This notepad is equipped with powerful functions that allows you to take notes faster and access them whenever you need in a single tap.
Let's dig a deeper to see what exactly is possible with this notepad:
1. Image-to-text : Smartynote allows you to either take a picture from your camera or choose an image from your smartphone gallery,which then extract the text from it to save it to your notepad directly. Smartynote use google vision api to recognize text in an image, which is still improving its intelligence.
2. Voice recognition : This notepad have the ability to recognize your voice and extract text from it to automatically save it to your note. This is a perfect for those who don't want to write down the words, instead want the notepad to do it for them.
3. Text-to-speech : This function is found to be very useful for the people having difficulty manipulating words as in dyslexia. In just a tap, a sweet lady will loudly dictates the text already written in the notepad. You may need to download language packages from google if you want your native language, as for now, this notepad only supports english language.
4. Customization : Smartynote enables you to choose font, font size, font color and background color according to your preference. The color and the fonts that are made available in the app are handpicked according to the utmost assistance to the kids and adults with dyslexia.
5. Disable ads easily : We know that you don't want ads and that is why, smartynote allows you to disable ads easily by providing Ads Switch. Just turn it off to disable ads. Please note that this action is temporary and switch will reset its position three days after turning off. But you can turn it off as many times.
How to extract text from an image?
- While taking note, tap at the bottom-left button (Image-to-text).
- Allow the necessary permissions
- Choose either camera (to take picture from camera) or gallery (to select image from gallery)
- After choosing image,the app will take your image for cropping
- After cropping, tap at the 'crop' clickable text at top-right.
- That's it, the notepad will display the text on the note.
Please note :
Image-to-text uses google vision intelligence which is still improving and thus, have limitations while recognizing text from image. It may interpret some alphabet differently than that available in the image.
Try to focus on one paragraph instead of an whole page for accurate results while extracting text from image.
Handwritten text is not recognizable.
How to write note from my voice?
- While on second screen, tap at the bottom-middle button (Speech-to-text)
- Make sure the internet is available
- When google dialog appears, speak
- Wait for the app to process your voice
- That' it, the text will be displayed on the note.
How to dictate the note?
- While on second screen, tap at the bottom-right button (Text-to-speech)
- That' it, the lady will dictate the words written in the note.
How to edit and delete saved notes?
All the saved notes will be displayed as a list on the home screen. On each list item note, there is a provision for two image button, one for editing note (displayed as black pen at the left side) and other for deleting note (displayed as black recycle bin at the right side). Just click on them to edit or delete the particular note.