Best source for learning android development using android studio?

• Replies:1
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 27, 2017 10:00:24 AM via Website

Hello! I'm a software engineer and entrepreneur. I recently left xamarin because of the enormous amount of issues that i came across with it, and would like to develop my app with just standard native android. I have some minor experience in Java, and I used android studio in the past developing libgdx games, although this was a few years ago.

Where would be the best place to get a full starters course/tutorial? I'd like to include everything from android studio, android api's to the publishing etc. I noticed udemy has a course for this but it was released in 2015. Would that still be accurate to use?

I'd greatly appreciate any response! I look forward to jump into the [Android Development Company][1] and community !

• Forum posts: 2

Sep 29, 2017 6:51:18 PM via Website

Hello,
I am also a new android developer and I started by reading lots of books. In my opinion, the best book that I read for a beginner is "Android Programming: the big nerd ranch guide". It gives a good overall understanding of different parts of Android and I think it's much better than just tutorials.
Cheers