Dual SIM Phone - Switching accounts??

• Replies:2
Pete Clark
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 15, 2017, 4:33:57 PM via Website

I've just bought a One Plus 5 handset and have a new SIM for my business line, together with my existing personal SIM in it. Making/receiving calls and texts is fine, and I've worked out how to choose which sim I use to do both. Have also worked out how to set one of the SIMs as 'priority' for mobile data.

the thing I'm struggling with is WhatsApp. I can't seem to access the groups I administer or am a member of via my 'old account', even though the old, personal SIM is in the phone. I have added my new SIM number into the various groups, so I can see conversations, but I can no longer act as administrator to my groups as I am now technically a member, using my new SIM.

Any help on how I can access the WhatsApp account again, using my old profile?

a bochur
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 18, 2017, 10:08:37 AM via App

you normally can only use one number with WhatsApp. I'm not sure what you did when you add your new number.

what you should have done was in WhatsApp settings>account>change phone, you would have changed the number to the new sim number.

now you want to become admin just like you were on your old phone number. there are a few ways to do that

1. use a different phone, register WhatsApp on it with Sim A then go into the groups and make your second number, admin

2. you can change number -on your current WhatsApp -to Sim A number, then change again to number B that should merge groups from both numbers and make you admin

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Oct 18, 2017, 11:45:02 AM via Website

As I know, one WhatsApp account can only connect to one sim number. And in general, you can only run one whatsapp instance on a cell phone even if the phone has dual sim cards.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.