- Forum posts: 284
Nov 3, 2017, 7:06:37 AM via Website
Nov 3, 2017 7:06:37 AM via Website
I create that thread to present you Frequency Generator, a simple tool to generate free tones between 1Hz and 24000Hz for a duration of your choice. Frequency Generator is available on the Google Play Store in two versions :
- Free supported by Ads : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.frequencygenerator
- Paid without Ads : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.frequencygenerator.pro
You can discover Frequency Generator in action on YouTube :
Use the slider to select the frequency of your choice, then use the second slider to select the duration of the tone you want to generate and finally you have just to click on the play button to play the tone which is a sine wave signal.
Frequency Generator is a simple and efficient tool covering the following use cases :
- Testing speakers or audio devices
- Make a quick test of your Hearing by determining the range of frequencies you are able to hear. For this use case, a more complete solution can be found with Hearing Test : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.hearingtest
- Experiencing the acoustic beat phenomenon. What is the acoustic beat phenomenon ? The beat phenomenon is an interference pattern between two sounds of slightly different frequencies, perceived as a periodic variation in volume whose rate is the difference of the two frequencies. To experience this phenomenon, you have just to launch Frequency Generator on two devices and then generate a frequency of 560Hz on the first and 563Hz on the second. Like that, you will hear an acoustic beat of frequency 3Hz. Musicians commonly use interference beats to objectively check tuning at the unison, perfect fifth, or other simple harmonic intervals.
- Make some jokes to your friends or in the public transports
Don't hesitate to send me your feedback or give me your ideas to improve Frequency Generator in comments.