Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 stuck in boot loop, will not enter recovery mode

• Replies:8
  • Answered
Sharon J
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 22, 2017, 4:44:44 PM via Website

Before reading further, please know that I have searched over many a forum, so if this has already been covered in a way that I have not tried, I apologize. Thank you for taking the time to read and help. I have to try to get this working if possible as I am remote and not able to travel to get fixed.

I was attempting a factory reset yesterday, when the phone powered off, while I wasn't around. When I returned, it was doing a custom OS download showing the android green guy, with a "do not turn off target" warning. It was then my battery died. I charged the battery and now only get the Samsung logo screen. I can enter download mode (Vol- + Power + Home), but cannot enter recovery mode no matter what combination I do. I am on a Mac computer. Thank you for any help!

UPDATE.....
I have fixed the phone, but it involved going into Odin flashing the ROM, then going into recovery mode and reseting. Everything works fine...Only odd thing is, not sure where the banners (etc) for the carriers come from, but in Ecuador there is essentially 2 carriers, Claro and Movistar. Our phone number (sim card) is from Claro, but this image is from Movistar. But I think I like this one better! Thanks for the help!

— modified on Dec 5, 2017, 2:26:20 PM

Max Field
  • Forum posts: 32

Nov 22, 2017, 5:10:54 PM via Website

To enter into Recovery Mode:

• First of all make sure that your Samsung device is Turned OFF.
  • Next, Press Power + Volume Up and Home Button altogether.
  • After a while, if your screen of your device starts to flicker or
    drop down Menu with blue words on black line appears, then release
    all the buttons
  • As and when you will release the button, you will be taken into Recovery Mode. You will now see different option.
  • If you want to perform factory reset then with the help of Volume Down or Volume Up button select the option “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power button to conform.
  • Just wait for the process to get complete. Once, the process gets complete you can then select the option “Reboot system now”, just to start your device as usual.

I hope the above solution would help you.

Sharon JFabien Röhlinger

Sharon J

Nov 22, 2017, 7:21:49 PM via Website

Thanks, Max. I attempted, but it never leaves the logo screen. I hold the buttons for quite a long time, but nothing. I can choose volume down and Power and Home and go to the Download mode. But nothing when I choose the volume up.

Jimmy Schwartz
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 23, 2017, 2:38:15 PM via Website

gosh i'm stuck at the same place with J7 prime. i kept holding the buttons just to ensure i'm not leaving them early enough but even after nothing really happens. i hope it didn't brick.

Sharon J

Nov 23, 2017, 2:42:43 PM via Website

I could be wrong, but it seems I have read that if it does any of that, there is hope and it is NOT bricked...but hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will see this post and chime in ;)

Max Field

Nov 23, 2017, 4:48:11 PM via Website

Hi Sharon,

I have one post, where you can find the detail information how to fix this problem. If you can provide your email id then i will forward that post link.

Sharon J

Sharon J

Nov 23, 2017, 5:05:17 PM via Website

Sure, thank you! lcdcvilcabamba@gmail.com

Max Field

Nov 23, 2017, 5:21:46 PM via Website

please check your email inbox.

Sharon J

Ganskkerty
  • Forum posts: 10