Samsung Galaxy S6 — weather app

• Replies:5
christina
  • Forum posts: 9

Dec 7, 2017, 6:57:12 PM via App

can anyone recommend a good weather app with a good selection of widget sizes that isn't overloaded with ads and not a battery hog plz. Oh and I'm not bothered about all the bells and whistles just a simple one which displays weather and temp

— modified on Dec 7, 2017, 7:00:48 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Dec 11, 2017, 1:12:54 AM via Website

Christina
I have the accuweather app on my galaxy s5. It came factory installed. I think it's a great weather app. But it is full of adds, just like all the others!
I live in the US.
Let me tell you what i did!
I went on line and found the national weather service website and added it to my quick access page. when i want add free weather, i just tap internet, that brings up quick access. Then tap the proper icon and i get not only the current weather conditions but i also get a very good current radar loop for my area.
And i can change the preferences to anywhere in the country
There are no adds because it is a government website. And i don't use any extra storage by installing a new app! And it only uses your battery when you open the internet!
If you live in the states give it a try.
If you live in a different country check on line, your country may have a similar website!
I hope that helps!
Lindsay

— modified on Dec 11, 2017, 1:18:15 AM

jennyise

Robert Reddy
  • Forum posts: 9

Jan 29, 2018, 11:02:40 AM via Website

You can use Yahoo weather, quite interesting app for weather forecasting.

Deactivated Account

Jan 29, 2018, 12:01:05 PM via Website

Robert
Using yahoo weather app is a good idea, but you would be using more storage space. And taking in consideration how inaccurate yahoo is with thier news stories, how accurate would thier weather forecast be! and the fact that they allow advertisers to monitor your web activity in real time! I would rather use the National Weather Service!
After all, thats where the TV weather forecast comes from!

— modified on Jan 29, 2018, 1:01:05 PM

Zafeer
  • Forum posts: 12

Feb 15, 2018, 12:27:48 PM via Website

Yahoo weather is the perfect app for weather checking

Deactivated Account

Feb 15, 2018, 10:58:36 PM via Website

Zafeer
If your happy with yahoo weather, then it IS a perfect weather forecast - for you!
Have a nice day!
Lindsay