Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 — On my Samsung note 4 i get WARNING Your phone does not have CSC version

• Replies:1
Colin Cabunag
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 26, 2017, 11:34:37 AM via Website

Got this Samsung Note 4 from E Bay sold as new, seems a genuine seller

When i use the the Samsung Phone info app this message come up in Refurbishment Check, this message appears

It looks like the firmware has been modified

WARNING Your phone does not have CSC version

Device usage counter
Headset connect-
Charger connect =3830
S Pen detach=

I have no idea what all that means, i got this phone because you can change the battery, have done must checks to see that its a genuine Model and not a Clone.

Any help would be great this is my first Smartphone, thanks for reading this.

Jhnywalter
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 11, 2018, 11:50:15 AM via Website

First, this is a "gray market" phone not intended for sale in your country. This shouldn't cause a CSC error bubble machine with the firmware, but might if it was trying to update through your carrier. Firmware versions wouldn't match.

Secondly, the seller was less that forthcoming and it was not a new device. It was either modified or it was refurbished.

Finally, the phone itself could have been shipped with corrupted firmware.

Assuming the phone works with your carrier and has no other problems, you will have the following issues. First, you will not be able to get any system updates or security patches. Even if the phone sees them as being available, without being able to verify your firmware, it will fail installation. You will also be up the creek without a paddle should it be necessary to restore your firmware with official Samsung tools. And it goes without saying, if it shows as modified, they won't honor a warranty.

Personally, I'd see if you could return it.

[