Missed a December update now wont accept any update !

• Replies:1
Keith Kelly
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 15, 2018, 4:12:25 PM via Website

Having missed a December Update my partners phone will not open Whatsapp nor will it accept the current update.

If i uninstall it and re install will i loose all messages, or more importantly all photographs from the past 2 years?

If the answer to this question is YES, how can i recover the photographs, before trashing Whatsapp?

Fingers crossed for a little help from the community

Regards
Keith Kelly

AC&MM

AC&MM
  • Forum posts: 1,155

Jan 15, 2018, 6:49:11 PM via Website

Keith Kelly

Having missed a December Update my partners phone will not open Whatsapp nor will it accept the current update.

If i uninstall it and re install will i loose all messages, or more importantly all photographs from the past 2 years?

If the answer to this question is YES, how can i recover the photographs, before trashing Whatsapp?

Fingers crossed for a little help from the community

Regards
Keith Kelly

WhatsApp updates automatically if this option is activated. So you just need to access its setting and make an update manually. There's another way: you connect your device in a PC and access the directory WhatsApp/Media in internal storage. You just need to choose what you wanna copy to your PC. And then you can reinstall the Stock ROM in your device and you won't lose any important file.

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3