SD card as internal storage?

• Replies:3
Cruz F.
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 20, 2018, 2:56:33 AM via Website

Is there a way I can have the apps automatically download to the sd card, on my Samsung s5? I know you can move them after installing them to the sd card, but whenever I do this, it seems like its using up my internal space also. Any input would help.

Thanks.

Annie Lee
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 1, 2020, 9:28:44 AM via Website

Sorry to say that you can automatically download apps to SD card. But when you install the apps, you can choose the SD card as the space to install them.
If you are using the Spotify app on your Samsung S5, you can even download Spotify music to the SD card directly. Or just use a professional AudFree Spotify Converter to do this. For more detailed information, you can visit www.audfree.com

— modified on Apr 1, 2020, 9:29:46 AM

Peihoulousy
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 8, 2020, 5:05:14 AM via Website

But app can't download to the sd card automatically directly, we should redefine the save path after the installation of the app.

DakotaJones
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 14, 2020, 12:38:04 PM via Website

In general, It is available to redefine the save path when installing the app but Samsung seems not to support this. So just move the app to the sd card after installation. Or avoid adding installing the app. Take the Spotify app as an example, I download Spotify songs on the desktop by my AudKit Spotify Audio Downloader, then transfer the music to my Samsung device. In this way, I can enjoy Spotify tracks without installing the Spotify app.