Help

• Replies:3
Joseph So
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 24, 2018, 3:05:19 AM via Website

Hi people, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. I was using the phone just fine and then one day the wifi wasn't turning on on the device so I restarted the phone. The phone was plugged in on a charger so I had to press the power key while on the charging screen. The phone started to boot up and then it didn't go farther than the name of the phone. The phone was stuck on the screen for about 5 minutes or so and then it went to the Samsung logo. After that, it got stuck in a boot loop and ever since it was unusable. So then I decided to go into the manual mode and factory reset, but when I pressed Volume down+Home button+Power button it didn't go farther than the name of the device. And after about 10 minutes it finally went into manual mode. Then, at the bottom of everything it said something like failed to mount sd and unknown error and stuff. I ignored the warning and did a factory reset but the phone was not fixed. It can't get past the boot screen. Please, someone help.
P.S. I don't want a new phone so please give me a solution.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jan 24, 2018, 10:41:37 AM via Website

1.Remove SD card from your phone.
2.Run 'wipe cache partition' after running 'wipe data /factory reset'.

Good luck to you. (smug)

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Jeffrey
  • Forum posts: 8

Feb 3, 2018, 3:24:14 PM via Website

I am assuming you have not tried to root or anything that this is a bare stock S2?
If you attempted to root you can try flashing stock firmware..If not I hate to say it but this device has aged quite a bit and may be suffering from emmc failure or some other hardware issue as this device is really quite old in terms of Device lifespans

Pavel Toyberman
  • Forum posts: 23

Oct 30, 2018, 9:19:07 PM via Website

hmm maybe it's a time to upgrade it?