WhatsApp Moving from iPhone to Android

• Replies:1
Bill in the Glens
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 13, 2018, 8:42:19 PM via Website

Hi Guys, feeling very frustrated. I have switched from an iPhone 6 to a Galaxy S9+. All well apart from WhatsApp. I have an iPhone with a WhatsApp backup (4.4gb) both in iCloud and iTunes but the WhatsApp on the S9 can only access Google Drive backups. I understand that my data is on my phone and NOT on servers somewhere. I have tried various transfer software options but they transfer everything EXCEPT WhatsApp messages. It is more frustrating because use Google apps for Business and my iPhone was running Google!! I think WhatsApp need to make it easier to move from one system to another. Any ideas?

Regards, Bill

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Jun 27, 2019, 9:41:56 AM via Website

First of all, you can backup WhatsApp data in iPhone, then uninstall the WhatsApp, install WhatsApp in Android, ans log in with same account as iPhone WhatsApp account, restore from backup file when logging in WhatsApp. But you only have one chance to move WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android for free, if missed, you should use the tool to move WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, you can transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android directly, you can also backup iPhone WhatsApp firstly, then move WhatsApp backup data to Android.

Helpful?