Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) — Email question

• Replies:2
Trevor Appleton
  • Forum posts: 12

May 2, 2018, 9:56:56 AM via Website

I use pop3 email. For 15 years and over several phones I have the following set up. I use Outlook 2010 on my PC. This is set to delete emails from server on exit. The phone is set to leave emails on server. When I go away all the emails I get stay on my phone. When I come home all the emails that have arrived come in in Outlook on my PC. The next time I open my phone email app all the emails on the phone automatically delete.
I have had a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 for 1 week now, and as far as I am aware I have it set as per previous phones but the emails wont go away on the phone.
People say you cant do this in po3 and it has to be IMAP, but as described above I have and it worked how I wanted it.
Where am I going wrong?

Demixl
  • Forum posts: 50

Jul 12, 2019, 2:58:06 PM via Website

Best way is to ask android about this thing, otherwise you can try developer settings, but i am not sure if your gonna find anything useful there.

Helpful?
Vijay
  • Forum posts: 16

Jul 12, 2019, 3:09:28 PM via Website

When you configure emails via POP3 on multiple devices, the emails are downloaded on all the devices. If you have to delete an email from all the devices you have to do it manually. IMAP on the other hand just syncs your email server with multiple devices so if you delete an email from the server it will delete from all the devices. By the way which email app are you using on your phone?

Here is an article from Microsoft.
https://support.office.com/en-US/article/What-are-IMAP-and-POP-ca2c5799-49f9-4079-aefe-ddca85d5b1c9

Helpful?