How to recover contacts

• Replies:2
actualben
  • Forum posts: 1

May 12, 2018, 10:35:54 AM via Website

Google play services was drinking my battery and dominating my storage. In an hour of frustration I tried to tech it a lesson by clearing the data, uninstalling the updates, before finally, disabling it.

It had the last laugh because, surprise surprise, turns out I need it to run apps I actually like. So I sheepishly enabled it and reinstalled the updates. All seemed fine until I realised all my contacts are missing.

My questions to the forum: Where are they? Can I get them back? How do I get them back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

May 13, 2018, 3:33:12 PM via Website

Google play services is basically the heart of your Android Operating System. It is linked to ALL YOUR apps. Uninstalling updates is o k. But when you cleared the data and disabled it you just wiped your contacts clean.
I think your only option at this point is to re-enter all your contact!
Sorry i don't have any better advice, but on these android devices you have to be very careful what data you delete, and what apps you disable!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

May 13, 2018, 3:42:10 PM via Website

In addition,
You could have cleared a lot of storage space just by clearing the cashed data in your storage settings. You should do this on a regular basis!
And you can save a lot of battery life by shutting down all active apps after your done using them!
And you will not delete anything important

Helpful?