Google deleting reviews!

• Replies:16
Imee Luew
  • Forum posts: 55

May 23, 2018, 5:46:14 AM via Website

I know there are times that when you ask your friends to download the app and make a review, friends don't play the app at all but they still make a review. Google has been deleting those reviews that they think are irrelevant (somehow it is).

Any thoughts? What has been your actions after? Do you ask your friend to do a review again?

Sailesh Sirari
  • Forum posts: 13

May 25, 2018, 8:34:17 AM via Website

There many factors the google automate system think its spam review , like review is to short and general like "vary good app". the reviewer id is black list l . Take screenshots regularly of new reviews ,you can also chat with google team they will ask to take screenshot, send them if review was removed.

Imee Luew

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

May 27, 2018, 1:07:31 PM via Website

Imee Luew
Google doesn't like negative reviews about any of thier products! Especially if the review effects the sales of that product!
I'm not surprised at all to hear that they are deleting some reviews!
You see, it's all about money and profits!
You could have your friend re-post the review, but google will just delete it again.

— modified on May 27, 2018, 1:12:16 PM

Imee Luew

PuzzleMaster7
  • Forum posts: 5

May 29, 2018, 11:36:53 PM via Website

Their reviews are probably marked as spam by a filter through Google services. If your friends leave very few words, then it could be detected and deleted. I suggest that you tell your friends to give the app a go if even for just a few minutes and to describe the app in further detail so that the reviews will not be removed again.

Imee Luew

Deactivated Account

May 29, 2018, 11:45:08 PM via Website

PuzzleMaster7
Your reply to Inee luew was sent to my email address!
In the future, if you want to reply to someone's post tap the reply on thier post not the last reply in the column!
:) just a FYI:)

PuzzleMaster7

Imee Luew

Jul 25, 2018, 12:16:46 PM via Website

Hi Lindsay,

I keep asking my friend to write the review again but every time he does that, Google keeps deleting them. But if he makes a review for another app it's fine. So something with the keyword in the review that is making Google delete his review. That's just my guess.

Imee Luew

Jul 25, 2018, 12:18:14 PM via Website

We have done that PuzzleMaster7. And we like waited for a month again to try, still gets deleted by Google.

Deactivated Account

Jul 25, 2018, 12:51:30 PM via Website

Imee Luew
This is just a guess at this point.
It sounds like your friend has left a review that Google took exception too. And they have blocked him from leaving any more reviews for that app.
Ask your friend if he used any profanity or said anything that could be considered disruptive.
Stuff like that could get you banned permanently on any feedback forum!
If he is the only one that is getting post deleted-i'll bet that's what's going on here!
Lindsay

Mark Gonzales
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 1, 2018, 4:31:08 PM via Website

How can you not play a game and yet still give a review, that is deserved to be deleted.

Imee Luew

Sep 4, 2018, 9:59:19 AM via Website

Yeah. he doesn't make reviews often. But he likes to play games. His review is short. So, I guess, that maybe that's the reason.

— modified on Sep 4, 2018, 9:59:37 AM

Imee Luew

Sep 4, 2018, 10:00:38 AM via Website

He played the game. His review is super short. Anyway, doesn't matter now. If it deserves to be deleted it is really up to Google.

Alexis Lessard
  • Forum posts: 16

Nov 29, 2018, 2:41:18 PM via Website

Sometimes the reviews might just not be visible for you. If the review is in a different language or country, it might explain that.

Dr.Klaus
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 31, 2019, 10:19:12 AM via Website

GOOGLE BOTS fight PAID RATINGS
*other people/companies's losses are not important for google :(

marco sarli

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Sep 1, 2019, 12:45:49 PM via Website

This is the correct answer. Google just cares about its profits and not about other companies sales

kristencstpierre
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 31, 2019, 4:28:28 AM via Website

ask your friend to installed game or app first then make a review after that if he/she delet game that review will remains there

TashaKPope
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 31, 2019, 8:30:21 PM via Website

I have some issue about my play store.

ApkTrent
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 12, 2019, 7:40:39 AM via Website

I don't think so. Google never deletes any reviews whether it is on Google play or Google my Business. Only users can edit or remove it. Google only removes those reviews which are:

Spam
Contains sexual things
Inappropriate
Conflict of interest, etc.

PS: if you find any review spam you can, Google always allow you to flag that review as inappropraite and if you are lucky then it might get deleted.